Post Your Keyboards!

Are those caps color 5?

they are color4. color5 is a little more cream colored

Octagon v1 rebuilt with C3 Tangerines 62g.

12 Likes

Nice Board. How do you like the c3 switches?

They are quite smooth! I lubed them with Tribosys 3203.

Finally decided to do something with one of my XD60 v.3.0 PCBs & universal 60% plate I got from Panc Interactive. I also ended up getting a little crazy with the switches. For them I went for V1 Zealio housings, replaced the actuation leaves with ones from Outemu Skies, used stems from Halos, 67g Zealio springs, housings\stems lubed with Tribosys3204, & springs lubed with Krytox VPF1514. Basically the Turducken of switches, LOL! While it is a pretty time consuming mod, the results are awesome. It’s ends up with a highly tactile & super smooth switch, a bit wobbly with the Gateron tops & Halo stems but I’ll be getting some of the tight no slot clear Outemu tops to remedy that.

All in all I think this combo is an actual contender to Holy Pandas. Although like my Zealio/Halo combo I can’t really recommend doing it unless you happen to have all switch types on hand already & are looking for something to do with them. It is a very labor intensive & expensive (if you were to grab a fresh batch of all the switches & parts needed just for this) switch mod. That said if you do have the parts on hand, the patience to swap the actuation leaves, & the spare time to do it, it is well worth a shot! :metal:

7 Likes

Dang that looks really nice with that plate. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thanks! It was probably the most involved build I have done with the crazy frakenswitches I made for it, but I’m definitely glad I went the extra mile with this one! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah definitely looks like a lot of work went into that. This most recent build was my most involved so I know how you feel kinda. All I did was lube the switchs, bandaid mod and lube/clip the stabs. I might end up taking it apart again and rearranging the key layout and buy some genuine GMK screw in stand because these pcb mount ones are the worst thing ever.

1 Like

Nice, that’s still pretty involved. Honestly that is all I usually do with my builds as well. I just had the ideal of trying to swap actuation leaves from Sky housings to Zealio housings running around my head for awhile & finally decided to give it a chance. I doubt I’ll ever do it again though, way too much work for what other housings could’ve gave me without it, LOL! I hear you about regular PCB mount stabs vs screw in ones. I went through the same thing with my acrylic Clueboard & was much happier with the screw in stabs. GL with that project! :metal:

This is my XD75 with Kailh Box Royals and some stretched out DSA Royal navy Keycaps. :slightly_frowning_face:
I love this board!

12 Likes

The first GB I ever joined finally came in!

GMK Phantom on Gold/Champagne TX60

Retooled blacks with gateron yellow springs, 3204

12 Likes

https://imgur.com/gallery/cNk9wri

13 Likes

Man I hope jolimon drops those acrylic pearls soon !

Just built this! Time to sleep -_-

12 Likes

It is possible that the BOX Royals didn’t stretch the caps too bad. The BOX Royals I had on my Nightfox for a bit weren’t too bad at all. I had my set of GMK Sky Dolch on them before the news about BOX stems breaking caps blew up & thankfully they didn’t even stretch them much. In fact I couldn’t even find any stress marks after I inspected them! I got them on Halo stems now, they still fit nice & snug. Same goes for the set of MAXKEY SA B&G I got on my ACR60 with BOX Navies, no cracks or visible stretch marks on them & they still fit regular MX stems snugly! So IME it seems to be the outlier stems that exceeded spec are the real culprits for cracking & stretching caps with the old stock BOX switches, although others have had whole sets ruined.

Can’t go wrong with classic Dolch!

1 Like

Unfortunately I have visible stretch marks on these guys, and three Maxkey sets with cracks and stretch marks.
My entire collection so far had been box switches :cry:

2 Likes

Damn rough, my condolences… At this point I’m just gonna take it as I got super lucky with the two batches of BOX switches I got.

Aren’t they on his website now? https://stratakb.com/store/cases/clear-acrylic-pearl