Post Your Keyboards!

13 Likes

Lubing some Holy Yok Trash Pandas in front of my recently built Leaf60 with epbt heavy industry - I was going to replace heavy industry with SA VoC whenever that comes in…but now I’m having second thoughts. I think the yellow accents go really well with the brass showing through the polycarbonate case.

18 Likes

Finally got around to assembling my Planck Rev6 with T1’s and GMK 9009. And, idk, I’m not really a fan of the sound of the T1’s in the hipro case; they’re too “ping-y”. The spacebar on the other hand sounds and feels fine using the Rama stab method.

Edit/Update (5/30): Figured out why the T1’s sounded so bad. It’s because the PCB mounting legs weren’t fitting well in some parts of the Planck PCB, as in, they were so tight it warped something about the PCB/Switch itself. I recall having this issue when I was test fitting my Preonic Rev3, but in that case I couldn’t fit PCB mount switches at all. So, yeah, threw some Minty Holy Panda’s in the Planck and it sounds much better/consistent now. newby TIL

13 Likes

Fairly recently received my Grid 600 from another buyer that was disappointed the “green” of the peaks module ended up looking more bluish and didn’t match their intended keyset. I installed Holy GSUS switches lubed with 3203 into a DZ60. Halfway regretting that as I’m sure the underglow leds of the pcb likely burned into the anodizing like they did with the Tofu. Ah well… you live, you learn. Glimy’s DSA 2077 set seemed to match the color of the module. Love this board. My only gripe is I wish pbt would be capable of these colors. I’m too afraid to type on them because I don’t want them to shine. It has a nice pbt-like texture to it. I had to get the deskpad because it reminds me of evenings spent on Shaver Lake.

23 Likes

Well it sure matches that desk mat!

The yellow matches so perfectly with the rest of the keyset :grinning:

I really love this

That’s truly an amazing matching setup you have there.

Thanks guys! Wish this set would release on gmk and I’d be close to end game :wink:

Finally recieved the DC60 B-stock that Alf gave as a compensation for the Alf X1.1 GB. I figured it would be a nice board to use the DCS Turtle keycap set on that has been in my closet for ages. Really happy with the purple board, couldn’t think of another color that clashes more with the keycap set :stuck_out_tongue:

Switches are milky gat yellows, plain60-b pcb and carbon fiber plate. So actually nice to type on, just looks horrible and I love it :smiley:

7 Likes

love it, man. It doesn’t look horrible at all. It looks fun! It’s your Mardis Gras board.

1 Like

I don’t think this looks horrible. I think it works well. I’m a fan of Gat milky switches too.

1 Like

This my first mechanical keyboard, a WASD V2 in Cherry MX Brown, keyset from KPR and an old G81 :slight_smile:

13 Likes

That keyset looks great on that board! :sunglasses:

1 Like

26 Likes

Damn clean. The cable, keycaps, case, brass badge… so much :ok_hand:.

That’s one helluva build! Switches?

Any build log avail? :eyes:

2 Likes

Holy red pandas in the BT PCB and thinking about building the second PCB but we’ll see.

As for build log I’m still putting that together. I’m so bad at actually documenting my work but this one was kinda fun with the battery being part of it!

3 Likes

Really beautiful job. Classic/classy build.

1 Like

It is georgous!

I never saw that keyboard before, is it your own design?

1 Like

No, it’s a CA66 from R2. It’s possible some extras may be available once they all ship out and any damages are replaced. GB was hosted on Geekhack and sold through Play Keyboards store.