Post your Topre boards

Aww heck I never posted here. Of all my topre, 660c is king and this be it’s throne.

19 Likes

the Ingot in coffee looks beautiful

2 Likes

PC S60

15 Likes

The setup is :star_struck:

1 Like

PC s60 with Aqua Blizzard mods hipro caps

And my end game MK 1 WKL Norbaforce with hipro caps

13 Likes

I used kbd blanks, either should work now though since the spacebars are pbt on the hhkb pro 3’s. They are very evenly dyed, you just need to be careful with used keycaps and there can be little specs of undyed areas if you dont wash them properly.

1 Like

Finally built my Heavy 9. Hipro key caps from kbdfans, BKE redux domes - light, stabs and sliders lubed.

30 Likes

One for the house, and one for road.

It’s not easy taking a photo of this thing without it capturing my stupid face.

Specs:
HHKB Professional Hybrid Type-S completely stock

Heavy Grail Veracity Steel w/Pro 2 pcb, 45g OEM domes, purple sliders harvested from PFU R2. 3204 on rails, 205g0 on stabilizers.

17 Likes

Keeping my room dim so that I can’t see the fingerprint.

20 Likes

22 Likes

What version of the FC660C is that with a split? spacebar?

Just a normal FC660C but moded. Cut plate and fit Kailh choc v2 switch + custom controller.

3 Likes

Brought the pro 2 back out

7 Likes

Avoiding a double post :smiley:

12 Likes

Happy Topre Tuesday

11 Likes

These are gorgeous. You’ve truly outdone yourself with the progress you’ve made on this project of yours. Great work!

3 Likes

If any build deserves a double posting it’s this one!

5 Likes

I’ve finished @sircheddar’s KikiFC660c! I mean it’s mine, but he came up with the case.

Anyway.

I had it Cerakoted in Midnight Bronze and the color is great. I really wanted a board in a warm brown and this nailed it. The FC660c I’m using is used as I couldn’t get a new one so the keys are a little scuffed, but overall it was in really good shape.

Internally I’m using @Dave’s daughterboard which is great to use, has USB-C, and programs with great ease using VIAL or VIA… or QMK if you’re a sadist. Underneath that board is some sound deadening sheet with kapton tape covering the aluminum coating to prevent any unintended shorts.

I painted the switch plate in copper to go with the case color, but I know wish I’d have stuck with my original plan to use black. I may go back and repaint. That remains to be seen.

There’s a few DES MX sliders along with some green domes for the space, print screen, and delete key. And a black dome for the Escape key.

And because it’s super easy to do, I replace the Caps Lock indicator with an Orange LED. I’m also an advocate for Home Row Control.

Anyhow, sorry for the long post, but I was excited to share.

16 Likes

Were you happy with the coat job and turnaround? If so do you recommend?

Oh yeah, they did it in a week. Although they’d quoted me 2-3 weeks. Their price is competitive with others that I’ve seen as well, but it’s definitely an indulgence. This cost $150 and they had the color on hand so I didn’t pay any upcharge beyond that. They’re also local so that avoids any shipping and handling.

It’s more sensible just to buy a board in a color you like. This lesson has been difficult for me to learn. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes