Post your Topre boards

I am going to say its a very dark burgundy / brown.

1 Like

Realforce 91 Case
Cip PCB
Carbon fiber Plate
Novatouch slider and housing
45g Domes
GMK Muted 2

12 Likes

That is super clean, love the setup! Not sure why RF got away from this style of cases, easily my favorite out of the RF TKLs!

2 Likes

The little blue RF logo was so clean too

I finally finished my Topre 23U with the Norbauer Polycarbonate Datapad.

Being a B-graded item, the back plate wasn’t finished so I decided to machine turn it to give it an interesting finish. I should probably clear coat that, but for now I’m not too worried about scratching.

I manually did this on a drill press so alignment isn’t perfect, but the overall effect is good.

Finally, here’s the inner workings. Plenty of room inside this case means I was able to use @Dave’s daughterboard, the OEM PCB and backpack, and a little LED controller called a PixelBlaze. The PixelBlaze drives the eight LEDs and is overkill here, but at least matches with my PC TKL case.

14 Likes

@Extra_Fox i could see folks wanting that customization on their back plates. well done!

2 Likes

That looks great!

1 Like

Wishing @Kiko all the best in his artisan/Topre cap journey.

Here are Amano Studio prototype OEM Topre stem keycaps in the Miami “Neon” colorway.

Neon for UV-reactive pigment.

Build:

Sho S60 PC HHKB housing (Pro 2 compatibility)
@Cipulot EC Pro 2 PCB + controller
OEM Topre 1u, 2u, spacebar from RF, Des silencing rings #5

4 Likes

My latest experiments in making non-metal enclosures for EC PCBs by @Cipulot

This is the first assembled prototype made from engineered stone. The surface is very strong, durable and sounds great. Other materials include resins like polyurethane and epoxy; more on this soon. The design is an homage to @norbauer 's great work and contributions to the Topre community.

I plan to have a write-up of the whole project, after I’m done tweaking the formula and cast a few additional colors.

Thank you and have a great week.

8 Likes

Looking forward to more explanation. Looks very promising! So is this a 3d printed mold with a cast material? You say engineered stone, but I see layer lines on the back.

1 Like

Just quick… Indeed, the master was 3D printed. The outer surface was sanded and primed. Then a silicone mold was cast from it. Of course, the journey was a bit more involved :joy:

3 Likes

Actually, if you’re really curious, you can follow up every detail on my Discord server @pixelpusher

Been swamped at work this week, so it may take a while to look through all the images and do a write-up.

2 Likes

3 shades of Norbauer’s black - Tactical, Enigma, Royal Wrinkle

13 Likes

Just saw the EC kit for the Type-B is coming soon, just in time for extras of the board (well, it will probably beat extras).

1 Like

Finally built up my Ingot66 - the thing is probably more than 5kg and will absolutely kill.

Full spec:

• Ingot66 full brass B-stock
  • Sho66 brass plate OEM 660C PCB with Yang BLE controller
  • Deskey Cement housings and Ivory sliders with 1mm silencing rings
  • BKE Redux Ultralight V1
  • Full gasket treatment - gasket mounted-ish, plate gasket, plus dome gasket to give back the travel
  • SA Retro True Retro keycaps with Lime Alternate arrow

16 Likes

The Ingot66 is my Rosebud, the distant memory of the one who got away. I love these.

4 Likes

if a brass c-stock ever popped…

3 Likes

Not sponsored by LTT at all LOL This is my OSAv2 Topre, took a long time for delivery but it is all worth it.

Full spec:

• OSAv2 with E-Brass weight
  • Black Alu plate
  • Deskey Clear housings and OEM Purple sliders with 1.2mm total in silencing rings
  • Deskeys Carrot 35g
  • Full gasket treatment - gasket mounted-ish, plate gasket, plus dome gasket to give back the travel
  • Realforce JustSystems Hipro ZH0400 keycaps with MT3 9009 PBT small bars.

7 Likes

2 Likes

OK! Just built my first Topre keyboard. It’s a Monokei Kei v2 EC with Deskeys sliders + #5 silencing ring + BKE v1 purple dome (i like sharper tactile :smiley: )

13 Likes