Post Your Typing Sounds!

Yui40 v2, copper plate, plate and case foam, lubed Holy Pandas, and GMK keycaps.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ScCXb6RFUaEW9mkiiwzAU2T4-ump1c6M/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

Recently built a Chimera 65 with Everglide Jade Blacks.

CherryB Freyr TKL

• Brass Plate
  • C3 Banana Splits (Lubed with 205g0, filmed with Deskeys)
  • C3 SEQ2 Stabs (Lubed with 205g0)
  • PBT Japanese Roots Keycaps
3 Likes

Trying out some new microphone/post-process techniques. Wish I didn’t have a highway right outside my office window…

Yasui 4x10 ortho with Gazzew U4Ts

• 205g0
  • desk keys films for sound
  • 3dp case (tray mount altered with bumpons for isolation, thin case foam)
  • fr4 plate
  • r1 GMK WoB caps, r4 on thumbs

Edit: oh god it’s so quiet lol. Here it is louder…

2 Likes

Finally starting to do recordings with my new mic! Here’s my Sirius (details of the board should be in the description), Stream Sirius sound test by User 201277447 | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

3 Likes

This sings to me. Tangies on POM, dang. Impressive. Are those cherry keycaps?

1 Like

Thanks man! No ePBT BoW actually, I do have a GMK spacebar on it though so I can see why’d you think that. I better add that to the description.

Edit: Or were you just asking about the profile? If so yes cherry profile PBT material.

1 Like

You nailed it. That’s exactly why I asked.

Profile, but thanks for the details. I appreciate the subtle pitch differences between ABS and PBT even within the same profile. I just thought I could hear a difference between the alphas/mods and spacebar I wasn’t expecting. That’s how good your mic is buddy!

1 Like

Thanks again! I’ll have a bunch more recordings coming in now that I got a good mic & got it setup the way I like. Definitely gonna go through my collection & try to get at least one good recording of each, I’ll post here as I do them!

1 Like

Here’s a sound test of my custom G80-3000 rebuild. Details in the description as usual. Not the best typing in this test so I’ll probably eventually redo it, but regardless it conveys how the board sounds IRL very well.

Edit: Here’s a sound test of that NOS G80-1800HEU (MX clears) I got recently with everything bone stock to compare to the above board.

4 Likes

Ok, so that’s some good clickbait. I do hear chocolate, but I know that’s impossible. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

My MX-modded R2 PFU on a Norbaforce.

5 Likes

7v with Greetech browns and POM plate. Spacebar needs a tuneup but overall the sound is very pleasant

4 Likes

So. Many. Combos. He almost types too fast. It took a while to grow through them all, but that Monstargear XO v3 made it on my to-do list. No OA though, Durock POM for sure.

3 Likes

Good old school ALPS sounds! Finally got around to recording my Duck Raven build. It’s got unlubed linearized SKCM Oranges (ultrasonically cleaned before the build) on the steel ALPS plate. All ALPS style stabilizers lubed with EK Mechlube 2, I have cork pads for landing pads under the spacebar. Then I also have MK Ultra case foam in it since I am running the switches unlubed.

6 Likes

What those wooden caps sound like on my KBD67L with Silent Box Brown / Cream hybrid switches.

4 Likes

Wow, sounds great! I think you named those frakenswitches perfectly cause that build does have a creamy sound IMHO! Awesome work man!

2 Likes

I made my first keyboard video, excuse the horrendous angle. Gonna need to figure something out like a tripod. The sound should be top notch at least, if not a bit quiet. This board looks very funny under my humongous hands.

Note: the occasional squeak sounds are my fingertips rubbing against the very used and smooth GMK keycaps, lol.

3 Likes

Recently replaced my plate mount stabilizers on my redragon draconic, all ABS keycaps, outemu reds lubed with krytox205g0 and Gateron Plate-mount Stabilizers lubed with krytox 205g0 for the housing and dielectric grease for the stab wires. Sorry for the Epileptic RGB, was NOT looking at the keyboard at that time nor did I mind it. I still need to make tons of improvements about this keyboard but here’s how it is so far.

2 Likes

I just ordered one based on this. Can’t wait.

1 Like