Post Your Typing Sounds!

Congrats! 34 keys is ideal and there was a lot of thought put into this board. Acrylic or 3dp?

Acrylic frosted clear with PETG plate. I want to challenge myself to use less keys :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Aluminum UT47.2, case foam, o-ring mount, FR4 plate, Lemon Lush frankenswitch 205g0, HuB caps. Vocaroo | Online voice recorder

I just love how quiet and yet tactile these frankenswitches are.

3 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes

Clip clop clip clop. Similar to my alu minivan with Cherry blacks and kat alpha, kinda has horse vibes.

Cajal E-white, FR4 plate, Tactile frankenswitches (Boba U4 housings 205g0, UHMWPE AEBoards tactile stems, 57g TX springs 16mm), GMK caps.

I enjoy these tactiles more than the few U4T switches I tried. My interpretation is that they are smoother with less tactility, which is right up my alley.

1 Like

@oTEMPE5To Thank you for sharing the Tape Mod.

4 Likes

In light of the requested comparison between Inks and Bobas from the other day, I decided to do another with some switches Iā€™d gotten in the mail recently, compared with one of my current favorites.

Tecsee Diamonds by bespoke.keys ā€¢ linear ā€¢ UHMWPE stem & top, PC bottom, light factory lube

Aflion Icebergs by KeebMonkey ā€¢ linear ā€¢ POM stem, PC top, Nylon bottom, factory lubed

Tecsee Techno Violets by Bolsa Supply ā€¢ long-pole linear ā€¢ POM stem, Nylon top & bottom, unlubed

All three switches are mounted in a KBD67 v3, which consists of:

• KBD67L R2 polycarb plate with embedded standoffs
  • KBD67 mkII v2 RGB hotswap PCB
  • KBD67 v3 aluminum case w/ brass weight (repurposed from the Bella)
  • Cherry screw-in stabilizers; clipped and lubed with XHT-BDZ, yes they tick
1 Like

A couple more for Tecsee Tuesday.

Lychees, including a few with loose caps thanks to stems that fit in them a bit too loosely:

Aside from the rattly loose caps here and there, I think these are quite nice. They feel great, and have a pretty neat top-bump going on.

Another recording of the Techno Violets, to compare with the Lychees. Same keeb, mic position, etc:

What a difference a little stem can make! So clacky. :3

I like both of these a lot, and Iā€™m a fan of the Lychees - but Iā€™m not sure I can recommend them unless youā€™re comfortable buying quite a few extras to account for iffy stems - not too different from how I feel about Water Kings. (The Violets are all-good with their tried-and-true POM stems.)

2 Likes

Iā€™m gonna need to tryout those Violets. Is the wobble decent?

I saw they came out with a V3 Rev. 2, claiming to have fixed inconsistencies with their batches.

https://heebiekeebies.com/products/everglide-aqua-kings-rev2?variant=39628311101616

Rev. 2 boasts drastically lower error rates (~30% ā†’ <1%) due to updated tooling. We have worked with Everglide to help implement these changes.

ā€¦ Hmm. Thatā€™s a huge improvement if true.

1 Like

Honestly Iā€™m impressed they directly acknowledged the ~30% rate - Iā€™m interested to see if theyā€™ve actually managed to improve them that much.

As for wobble - Iā€™ll have to go back and check those more closely, but they certainly didnā€™t stick out to me as wobbly - the Lychees did, though - of only because when they shift around itā€™s something of a crunchy feeling. I generally havenā€™t experienced that typing - just when WASD gaming.

Edit: aaaaaaah I went for 'em. Shame I didnā€™t get my first batch from them so I could get the new top housings but hey. Theyā€™re almost all sold out though! I had to compromise on spring weight; only the 70-packs of 67g were left. Iā€™ll let you know if the statement on R2ā€™s is true for the new ones when they come in.

2 Likes

Lol I have the budget non budget keeb

Specs:
Case, plate and PCB: GK61XS
Stabs: Durock Plate Mount lubed with Krytox GPL 205g0
Switches: Gateron Black Inks lubed with 205g0 and filmed with NovelKeys_ films
Keycap: HKGaming Pudding OEM (sadly couldnā€™t use my cherryā€™s, darn north facing sockets)
Recorded on an iPad 6th gen with a PoPVoice Lav Mic
Desk mat: NovelKeys_ Fox Forest Dawn

3 Likes

spoon

This is what I think of whenever I see a GK with dialed-in, top-shelf components.

4 Likes

Would drive the shit outta that car.

1 Like

Heck yeah - 6th gen Spoon Civic is near the top of my unicorn wish-list.

My bike is kind of like that too; budget generic grocery-getter frame, all kinds of legit performance components.

My first car was an Integra Type R with JDM front headlights. I hated that thing so much lmao.

1 Like

I finally got a chance to try out the techno violets in a full board today. I really like the spring and the sound and feel of the bottom out on them. Theyā€™re a bit too wobbly to feel premium though. Fun switch, nonetheless. Iā€™m sure they could benefit from lubrication. Have you tried any modifications or frankenswitches with these?

I havenā€™t modded my Techno Violets yet, though I do plan to. Iā€™ll share what I find!

1 Like