Acrylic frosted clear with PETG plate. I want to challenge myself to use less keys 
Aluminum UT47.2, case foam, o-ring mount, FR4 plate, Lemon Lush frankenswitch 205g0, HuB caps. Vocaroo | Online voice recorder
I just love how quiet and yet tactile these frankenswitches are.
Clip clop clip clop. Similar to my alu minivan with Cherry blacks and kat alpha, kinda has horse vibes.
Cajal E-white, FR4 plate, Tactile frankenswitches (Boba U4 housings 205g0, UHMWPE AEBoards tactile stems, 57g TX springs 16mm), GMK caps.
I enjoy these tactiles more than the few U4T switches I tried. My interpretation is that they are smoother with less tactility, which is right up my alley.
@oTEMPE5To Thank you for sharing the Tape Mod.
In light of the requested comparison between Inks and Bobas from the other day, I decided to do another with some switches I’d gotten in the mail recently, compared with one of my current favorites.
Tecsee Diamonds by bespoke.keys • linear • UHMWPE stem & top, PC bottom, light factory lube
Aflion Icebergs by KeebMonkey • linear • POM stem, PC top, Nylon bottom, factory lubed
Tecsee Techno Violets by Bolsa Supply • long-pole linear • POM stem, Nylon top & bottom, unlubed
All three switches are mounted in a KBD67 v3, which consists of:
- KBD67L R2 polycarb plate with embedded standoffs
- KBD67 mkII v2 RGB hotswap PCB
- KBD67 v3 aluminum case w/ brass weight (repurposed from the Bella)
- Cherry screw-in stabilizers; clipped and lubed with XHT-BDZ, yes they tick
A couple more for Tecsee Tuesday.
Lychees, including a few with loose caps thanks to stems that fit in them a bit too loosely:
Aside from the rattly loose caps here and there, I think these are quite nice. They feel great, and have a pretty neat top-bump going on.
Another recording of the Techno Violets, to compare with the Lychees. Same keeb, mic position, etc:
What a difference a little stem can make! So clacky. :3
I like both of these a lot, and I’m a fan of the Lychees - but I’m not sure I can recommend them unless you’re comfortable buying quite a few extras to account for iffy stems - not too different from how I feel about Water Kings. (The Violets are all-good with their tried-and-true POM stems.)
I’m gonna need to tryout those Violets. Is the wobble decent?
I saw they came out with a V3 Rev. 2, claiming to have fixed inconsistencies with their batches.
https://heebiekeebies.com/products/everglide-aqua-kings-rev2?variant=39628311101616
Rev. 2 boasts drastically lower error rates (~30% → <1%) due to updated tooling. We have worked with Everglide to help implement these changes.
… Hmm. That’s a huge improvement if true.
Honestly I’m impressed they directly acknowledged the ~30% rate - I’m interested to see if they’ve actually managed to improve them that much.
As for wobble - I’ll have to go back and check those more closely, but they certainly didn’t stick out to me as wobbly - the Lychees did, though - of only because when they shift around it’s something of a crunchy feeling. I generally haven’t experienced that typing - just when WASD gaming.
Edit: aaaaaaah I went for 'em. Shame I didn’t get my first batch from them so I could get the new top housings but hey. They’re almost all sold out though! I had to compromise on spring weight; only the 70-packs of 67g were left. I’ll let you know if the statement on R2’s is true for the new ones when they come in.
Lol I have the budget non budget keeb
Specs:
Case, plate and PCB: GK61XS
Stabs: Durock Plate Mount lubed with Krytox GPL 205g0
Switches: Gateron Black Inks lubed with 205g0 and filmed with NovelKeys_ films
Keycap: HKGaming Pudding OEM (sadly couldn’t use my cherry’s, darn north facing sockets)
Recorded on an iPad 6th gen with a PoPVoice Lav Mic
Desk mat: NovelKeys_ Fox Forest Dawn

This is what I think of whenever I see a GK with dialed-in, top-shelf components.
Would drive the shit outta that car.
Heck yeah - 6th gen Spoon Civic is near the top of my unicorn wish-list.
My bike is kind of like that too; budget generic grocery-getter frame, all kinds of legit performance components.
My first car was an Integra Type R with JDM front headlights. I hated that thing so much lmao.
I finally got a chance to try out the techno violets in a full board today. I really like the spring and the sound and feel of the bottom out on them. They’re a bit too wobbly to feel premium though. Fun switch, nonetheless. I’m sure they could benefit from lubrication. Have you tried any modifications or frankenswitches with these?
I haven’t modded my Techno Violets yet, though I do plan to. I’ll share what I find!
Anyone like the linear Lychee switches? The product description reads like they should feel like butter; however, It sounds like there’s a rattle snake in my board. I only installed a few and the stem wobble is excessive to the point that I don’t see myself using them.
