RAMA WORKS U80-A SEQ2 now available for pre-order!

Waiting is the name of the game in this hobby :slight_smile:

When someone asks you of your hobbies, you shouldn’t reply with “mechanical keyboards”.
Rather, your reply should be “waiting for mechanical keyboards” :wink:

5 Likes

Yes it’s looking more and more likely that the M60 Olivia I ordered will be shipped to USA a year or more after ordering. Rama is also being bad about “updates” that state something will be done on a date and then near that date the post a new update with the next month as the new date. At this point I’m guessing, though large for the custom keyboard industry, the quantity of things they order from their manufacturer is not large enough to be a priority. I truly appreciate their open pre-order/group-buy style and I wonder how many units they sell.

…I still ordered a Soya U80.
Definitely wonder what their Kara production times will look like.

6 month turnaround sounds overly optimistic. Better to expect for a longer turnaround and not get disappointed =P

1 Like

sorry fam. xD just tryna be real and not let a homie be overly hopeful.

2 Likes

Came home today and my u80-a’s hotswap pcb isn’t registering anymore. I was planning to move everything over proper to the solder pcb this weekend anyway, but yikes! Gotta add a couple extra to my SEQ2 order when I finish mulling the choices over.

Order extra pcbs folks!

1 Like

Contact support and they’ll replace it pretty quickly at no cost. Make sure you go through the website support.

1 Like

Cool, thank you for the suggestion!

anyone getting more than 1 U80? Man…I feel so tempted to add in a Kuro to have the black and white lineup

Just like this person I saw on instagram who has two…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CE7K_s4nCdS/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

2 Likes

Don’t do it! Wait for the next run of a @norbauer tkl something :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

heyy! yah…I have been contemplating for a long time. I think it will be an overkill to have 2 of the same board! Gotta spend it on the Sat75 instead (if I can get one)!

So gotta stick with the Soya because this colour is not common and I like the versatility for keycaps combi. A black tkl is super common which I can get for other designers!

Thanks for stopping me though! :smiley:

2 Likes

Just got in on the Soya and Yolk (both with the extra weight) before they closed the GB. I couldn’t justify getting 2 spare pcbs at 95$/ea. The Sage/green one grew on me, but in the end I couldn’t resist the Yolk… and of course I had to have the mandatory Soya.

I use ISO, and the extra ISO key is the crocodile in Nordic regions, so normally it would be a dealbreaker that a keyboard only supports ANSI, but I did an exception this time since I really liked this keyboard. (will just reprogram another key so no big deal I guess, although I will miss the big fat enter key).

Edit:
I just got these speakers:

credit: Review: KEF LSX – Wireless and All-in-One HI-FI System – Homecinema Magazine
…should have gotten the Sage too…they’re sold out now :frowning:

2 Likes

RAMA products are lovely, but I do wonder why some vendors are so aloof with almost zero community interaction. When I part with my cash, I like to have at least a vague idea of when the item will arrive.

I have a Seq1 in Kuro with WoB. I love the U-80 so much that I pre-ordered a Seq 2 in Moon. Probably end up putting GMK MoDo or Oblivion on it like everyone else.

Got my shipping notification :partying_face:

6 Likes

same… i was in shock just a little bit.

1 Like

same, after 1 year…finally got my shipping notification out of the blue hehe.

1 Like

i’m pretty excited. my first custom tkl. I have a bunch of 65%s, 60% and some others but no TKL yet.
My estimated delivery is Dec 28th.

Btw for everyone. If you guys have accessories you’d like to trade/swap etc. Let’s come together keebtalk community =D

2 Likes

Yea, I’m stoked too

Heh, one year wait for a keyboard doesn’t seem so bad anymore when keycaps take 18 months.

4 Likes

Mine just shipped as well. Also my first custom TKL.
Planning on finally lubing my Rara V2 switches and GMK mecha - 01 keycaps

2 Likes