RAMA WORKS U80-A SEQ2 now available for pre-order!

Not sure if I’ve asked this before of you but what’s your opinion of the Rara V2 switches?

Mine arrived today :). Sorry for the IG photo, didn’t realise I didn’t save an original version and it’s now packed away as I won’t be building it for a lil while!

9 Likes

I haven’t put them in a board yet and I’m currently in the process of lubing and filming them.
Im doing a really light application of 3204 on stem and housing then bag lubed the springs with 105.
In the hand they feel like a nice understated tactile to me. Nice pop noise on the return.

1 Like

I might just have to order some…=D Thanks for your initial thoughts.

I would like to see these lubed GMK keycaps

:joy: It’s the new meta

1 Like

Still waiting for my shipping notification :cry:

Yolk, sage, and soya are shipping first…

I have a yolk and a soya incoming, no shipping notice yet.

Hmm, in the event someone already has a U-80 and has an opinion on this, or has second-hand knowledge (or if you just wanna vote :)):

What will be better on the U-80:

• Weight
  • Dampener

0 voters

3 Likes

And here’s the final product. Even after a year and all the evolution of keyboards, this one did not disappoint :slightly_smiling_face:

PS, this Soya is far more elegant than the KARA Soya

12 Likes

I’m drooling. Looking forward to mine coming next week :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ooof nice…I got my Soya U80 too! I built mine with PC plate, and jwicks ultimate black (these switches are really damn good for the price) and really interesting that the U80’s typing feel is nicer than expected - there is some give and feels quite similar to a top mount.

Here is mine with Dolch for the really retro vibes.

7 Likes

Classy :muscle:t3:. I built my mine with stock EG Aqua Kings on brass plate, and it’s definitely on the less flexible side, but the sound is super clean and full.

That said, I’m replacing the Aqua Kings (too heavy, too inconsistent, but very pretty on PVD plate) with Popus (OPBlack recolors) once I have them ready.

yeah to be honest. I am pretty impress by the U80 seq 2!!! With the pc plate, definitely a very nice and clean typing experience.

But I have not built mine with the brass plate. I think will just end it with the pc plate with jwick ultimate black build already. The sound is deep and the switches are really smooth…

2 Likes

Not me showing my wife the pics of the U80-A Soya that is on its way and says it doesn’t look that special and looks like an old keyboard from the 80s. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Another has landed

9 Likes

The Soya color is quite different on the Kara and U80

The U80 gives more of the

retro vibe.

5 Likes

Sad I missed PC plate option when ordering mine, I guess alu or brass will have to do (ordered both)…
Does anyone know if there are plate files available anywhere?
Would love to get POM plate cut…