RO-59 TM KT vs Krytox vs Tribosys

Does any one have any experiance with RO-59 TM KT?

Would it be worth picking up some RO-59 TM KT to use instead of the traditional Krytox / Tribosys lubes, on Zilents?

Also, any thoughts on RO-59 TM KT vs Krytox vs Tribosys, would be appreciated. I’ve read through the ripster55 guides on reddit, but I’m intrested in more long term usage information.

RO-59 TM KT source: https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/e4ib67/usmahro59_tmkt_super_lube_wpaypal_venmo_apple_pay/

2 Likes

Hmm maybe I’ll finally have a chance to try RO-59 that hasn’t expired :thinking:

1 Like

I decided to order some, as I intend to do a couple tests:

Switches:

• RO-59 vs 3203 vs 3204 vs 205
  • Treated with RO-59 and lubed with 3203.
  • Treated with RO-59 and lubed with 3204.
  • Treated with RO-59 and lubed with 205.

Stab:

• RO-59 vs 3203 vs 3204 vs 205
  • Treated with RO-59 and lubed with 3203.
  • Treated with RO-59 and lubed with 3204.
  • Treated with RO-59 and lubed with 205.

I’m mainly interested in seeing if there are any negative interactions between RO-59 and the 3203.Preformatted text

EDIT: May or may not do stab testing, due to it being redundant.

1 Like

I appreciate the share in the first post, is the intention to have the RO-59 coating as a “fallback” once the Krytox would’ve required reapplication? like an under coating? interesting, I’m staying tuned!

I’m thinking of using the ro-59 on the housings and the krytox on the stems. need to do some experimenting once I receive my batch. I also ordered a lubing station, so he’s shipping them together, once the lubing stations have been cut.

I’m him, lube station and RO-50tmKT. I was looking for community reviews of the lubricant and came across your post, thank you for sharing my reddit sales link!

1 Like

Why yes you are! It may have been 2am, when I read your post. lol