Salvation 60% from wilba.tech / Salvun

I dont know why but Alexotos’ sound tests haven’t sounded that good to me. Maybe it’s just the boards/switches/tuning methods and not the recording setup…No clue why.

edit - grammar is hard.

I hear it too but it’s possibly just artifacts from the recording setup.

Could be the recording and not the keyboard. While typing was going on, I wasn’t sure if it was some kind fan in the background but the thumping sound stopped when typing stopped so I think it has something to do with the keyboard.

Could it be the bottom out sound reverbing back after going through the oak desk and back? Hmm.

Update: Deskpad makes that unlikely. Now I’m wondering if it’s the rubber-tips of the springs rubbing against bottom the PCB.

1 Like

I’m fairly sure that’s just the mic amplifying the bass vibrations coming through on the desktop. I hear it a lot with mics like this. Definitely cannot have a mic mounted on the desk for accurate keyboard sounds. Even my iphone picks up sounds like this if I keep it on the desk beside my keyboard.

2 Likes

Salvun said not this round, but possibly in the future on Apairy’s or Alexoto’s stream last week. He said selling them as full kits helps keep the price down as his reasoning to why it won’t be available as just the case this time around. I do hope he does sell them just as cases in the future too. I would definitely grab 2 or 3 of them for my 60% tray mount ALPS builds!

1 Like

Thanks! It seems like a great price as a kit, but you hit the nail on the head, I already have a tray mount that I like. I would much rather just drop in the PCB.

2 Likes

You could still transplant your pcb/plate on the case, and keep the Wilba PCB as a spare or for a future build…
I don’t think removing the PCB in the offering would lower the cost very much (like 20 to 30€ maybe ?).

2 Likes

I had the same thoughts. There weird-flex looks like a cool PCB too. I could always try and sell it too. :smiley:

1 Like

Will there be a build guide for this? I know its a silly question but im only a year into this hobby and this would be my first solderable board and the mounting system seems very unique. Never seen this before

1 Like

The mounting looks stranger than it is. It’s a tray mount, so you will screw in the PCB to the case where the holes are. Very straightforward. If you look at the PCB/plate pics, you can see the holes are in standard 60% tray mount spots.

ok cool thanks for the reply

GB is live.
For those that will get it, I would love to hear what combo (colour + keycaps) you are aiming.
Maybe it will help me decide.

2 Likes

Still on the fence between blue and silver. I’llr likely go silver though.

2 Likes

Silver + maybe MT3 2048

1 Like

That new “Business Gray” offering looks mighty tempting…

2 Likes

Damnit! I was sold on blue, but now there is a gray option too. I’m not a huge fan of black or silver, so picking a non-neutral color was easy. Now it’s harder, especially since I can easily swap in another standard 60 build at will. I can’t even call this a Sophie’s Choice situation as it is obviously a harder decision to make :rofl:. I did just get a gray Thermal, so maybe I can stick with the blue case.

1 Like

I don’t have many blue ones so probably that

4 Likes

I have a question, with the release of the Salvation and the Fjell I’m uncertain of which one I should buy, can’t buy both of them because that is just to expensive. My question is should I buy the Salvation or the Fjell?

1 Like

That is a tough call. As pointed out above, the Mekanisk cases have a precedent set for quality and design where we have not seen the Salvation in person or in many hands besides a streamer or two. That being said though, Wilba has a good reputation for his PCB’s and the Thermal came out great. The Salvation has the potential to have a softer typing experience than a regular tray mount, but that could be accomplished on the Mekanisk cases to a degree with a Weirdflex PCB and a plastic/half/no plate build and the center mounting stems removed. Personally, I own neither (but do own tray mounted cases), and I’m picking the Salvation. I don’t think you can go wrong with either.

3 Likes