The Heavy-6: a Norbauer case for the FC660C

You are Norbauer. If you can’t do it, I will accept that it isn’t currently possible.

2019 will be the year of truth :smorfie:

KMK Labs

haha. Well, I appreciate and shall endeavor to live up to your extremely—shall we say—optimistic faith my skills. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Probably, but I refrain from stacking them. :grinning: I have 4 Norbatouch cases, but only 3 of them house Novatouches. The fourth one contains a Masterkeys Pro S. The latest one on order technically will not add to my collection as it is not for me, but it will house a Masterkeys Pro S RGB.

Wait those fit? that make a fancy ass RGB board haha

They should. It looks to be the same build as the non-RGB Pro S.

I have the plate ready for prototyping in full :slight_smile:

It’s a long task though, GL Norb.

Filled your questionnaire out so I can keep in the loop with the switch from GH to here. All in all I am really loving the design & proposed colors! My only thing is the extra feet are a must for me as I always use my 660C & M with the feet flipped out. Although that is something I am totally willing to pay extra for if it is a less desired part by most others. :metal:

compatible with the new fc660cs?

Hmm. I didn’t know there was a new design. Are the new ones different in some way? Any more info you could provide would be helpful.

Just making sure: the photos don’t have the back plate right? Meaning the final case will be twice this height?

The height will be more or less as you see it in the photos; it may change slightly if you want to include the optional risers - see the Norbaforce backplate example on Ryan’s website

Some confusion may lay in the fact that the case in picture 1 appears taller than case in picture 3. Picture 1 was a prototype which received some negative reaction due to its height; which lead to 2nd prototype with shorter dimensions.

The new(ish) made in Japan ones, specifically the all black and blue grey.

/U/20four80five has an album of the internals on Reddit.

I would assume it’s compatible but just double checking.

Thanks for the help!:slight_smile:

1 Like

The back-plate actually doesn’t add to the height at all, just the riser feet should you choose to use them. The back plate slots into the underside of what you see in the photos below.

Man, that clear anodizing is talking to me. My Hammer case is the same, and I love the way it looks with certain sets…

From the third photo, looks like it’s bead blasted?

1 Like

Yup. The anodized and PVD finishes are bead-blasted. The two powder coating finishes have textures imparted by the powder coat itself. Pics as soon as I get a chance. :slight_smile:

I have the old and new, felt the same to mod though not sure if dimensions are different. The new case does feel a tiny bit flatter angle wise than the old one.

Oh, my housing is modeled on the Made-in-Japan version; I haven’t noticed any differences with the older ones, but I haven’t directly tested this. I will endeavor to confirm.

I need to buy an FC660C just to get this case.