The Heavy-6: a Norbauer case for the FC660C

wow, i got mine from them as well, the black on black set. but probably 1 or 2 months earlier. it was actually a pre-order that got fulfilled some weeks later.

i just hope that if it really is out of production, it’s because they’re about to release a new model. i remember them showing off a wireless fc660m at computex this year. maybe a wireless fc660c as well?

I saw this at Keycon, it was lovely (and def heavy AF… I had to use two hands to pick it up xD). I use an FC660C as my daily driver so definitely color me interested!

Is retro refrigerator powder-coating possible for this and if so, how can I convince you that I most definitely need to have that as an option? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

omg, noooo! I hope I’m not some kind of cursed keyboard Midas. :skull: :keyboard: :skull:

Long live the RealForce!

2 Likes

If you need an M for reference, I’d be happy to ship you mine. Thanks so much for the reply!

1 Like

New slim profile looks good! Excited for the case. Will there be options for custom colors?

Do you have a loose estimate on the black steel PVD option?

Got a FC660M also, so sad it’s not compatible!!!

As I’ve stated on other forums…I need this, lol. Thanks for taking on the 660c. The original height was a concern of mine, but the shave down is glorious. I think you should consider a detachable handle to give it proper weapon status.

really eager to see the steel sample…I have a feeling it’s going to be a ‘take my money’ moment = )

1 Like

Any chance of extending this case out a bit and making one for the 980c?

When I first saw the pictures of the prototype, the super high profile was a bit intimidating, but that new slimmer look puts this on my must-buy list.

Amazing work so far, can’t wait to see further progress.

Would love to see Norbauer try it. I know that a metal hhkb case was run a while back with not great results. But I also have a firm belief that if anyone can pull it off, it would be Norbauer.

I second @TheNamesTy45 and feed the dream to have an HHKB metallic case. Did you ever think about doing one @norbauer?

I’ve actually put a lot of thought into this and it might just be that people are getting multiple cases to mix and match with keysets that they have. Topre fanatics only really have the novatouch boards for using custom keycaps So when they get a new one they try and track down a case that matches. Any chance you could take a look at whose been ordering/requesting the multiple rounds to see if there’s any overlap?

feels bad man

At KeyCon last weekend @olivia convinced me to give it a try, and I’m looking forward to a challenge. I have some ideas for how to tackle it, but some of the best designers out there have given it a try and given up, so I’m keeping my expectations low. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@norbauer Any plan on gb launch date yet? So that I can save up.

The mere fact that you are willing to take a look at it gives my heart a worm feeling, so definitely keep us posted on your progress. Don’t let dreams be dreams :slight_smile:

There definitely is at least some overlap! My pal @eksuen-DROP could stack his Norbatouches a few feet high I think. :laughing:

I’m shooting for this month, but always hesitant to commit. I’m working on a couple of complicated products for Roddenberry that we’re hoping to launch at the big Star Trek convention in Vegas at the beginning of August, and I’ve got a bunch of Norbaforces (hopefully) coming to me before that, so it’s going to be a hectic month. x_X

Incidentally, I now have all the prototypes in hand in all the finishes. Just need to find time to do some product shots.

would be great if you could come up with molds for the slider housings, which then could be used by other creators as well. I know @xondat was prototyping some a few weeks ago.

with that, then we can expect a housing for HHKB with a custom plate, and all we’d need to take from the original hhkb is the PCB and the sliders + keycaps :smiley:

and maybe an mx-compatible spacebar stabilizer mechanism as well?

that would be really awesome.