The return of Keyclack?

Now is he gonna ship out the domes I ordered months ago?

3 Likes

yeah id like to pick up some more domes but i aint ordering anything until i hear about other and older orders going out

I want domes but I also afraid from the comments with bad experiences with Keyclack, I will wait for the domes that Deskeys is working on.

Yeah, put in the order for Ultralights at Keyclack but for sure picking up the Deskeys domes, as theyā€™ll be a bit heavier.

Maybe pay with Paypal, hopefully it will be easier to get the money back if he donā€™t ship the order within 3 months.

1 Like

I used PayPal too just for that reason.

Thanks for the heads up :+1:t3::muscle:t3:

when viewing the paypal receipt the merchant is listed as.

Design Inc
email redacted by mod staff

We will see how this plays out but this is a red flag right here.

Why do you think itā€™s a red flag?
Seller name doesnā€™t match the storeā€™s name?

Edit:
Iā€™d suggest not to display someoneā€™s PayPal email in public, I myself have a separate email just for Paypal, and wish not to be displayed in public for security reason.

1 Like

probably not a good idea to post someoneā€™s email. That is interesting though, I havenā€™t bought anything from them since 2018 it looks like, but the paypal merchant was a keyclack.com email address, and the time i bought from them in 2017 was a keyboard related name at gmail.

2 Likes

I cancelled my order of ultra lights earlier this year, just picked some up again! Probably going to go into the heavy-9 that i have coming in

1 Like

Anyone else lose interest in bke domes over time? After a year or two of usage I find I prefer stock topre domes to them, except maybe the lights.

4 Likes

Interesting. If these ultralights even ship, iā€™ll make sure not to get rid of my old 55g domes for my realforce.

yeah the increased ā€œsnappynessā€ just makes them feel like many sad tactile MX switches, Rounded bump gang rise up

Interesting. Glad I opted for the sampler and donā€™t dive right in.

Though my 87U is variable weight so I feel like anything consistent will be an upgradeā€¦ not a fan of some keys feeling linear and others being tactile.

1 Like

Yep this happened to me with BKEs too! I tried extremes first then decided they were just too much. then grabbed a batch of heavies which I rolled with for quite a while but decided they were too much after starting to come down in weightings with my MX switches, now Iā€™m back on the stock 45g domes for my 660C. Admittedly I still want to try ultralights & lights, but I think stock 45g & 55g domes might be my favs even after doing that.

1 Like

Well the one I ordered last week is on its way but the one I ordered in May is still nowhere to be seen :confused:

2 Likes

Now that I remember, last time I ordered domes, they were marked shipping but sat at ā€œLabel Created, not yet in systemā€ for more than a week. So this time, Iā€™m tempering my expectations.

2 Likes

Iā€™m feeling hopeful. Last time I didnā€™t even get a shipping notification/email

Hmm, If I put an order in, itā€™d be for ultralights