Things that make us go... hmmm

“Noppoo Lolita Spyder” Gahhhh, I didn’t think much about it, but here I am.

Noppoo. The brand name. Weird sounding, but there’s also “Rapoo”, so whatever.

Lolita. According to the google images, its ladies dressed in Victorian clothing. And the book. Okay…

Spyder” spelt like that. A weird looking vehicle motorcycle thing or just a convertible.

…yep, those are weird combinations of words for a keyboard.

2 Likes

How did this post get so many upvotes lol
And bobagum has higher thock score than u4t? even gazzew wouldn’t agree this

1 Like

That’s what I thought it was when I first read about - I thought it was going to take routing the audio through the keyboard… But then it didn’t, and I realized that it was responding to my typing on it.

But now I am wondering if the system sees the microphone… That could be a very bad thing. I definitely don’t want to have a microphone on my computer that I don’t have control over. Having a cell phone is bad enough.

And yeah, the jokes about everything becoming an SMTP server seems to have morphed into everything is a camera / microphone now.

1 Like

Where is GMK Dune? Someone out there struggling with the Fremen alphas or what?

2 Likes

I just watched Dune tonight and I have to say, I was not disappointed.

However, if I put my “aktshully” hat on. There can’t be a keycap set for Dune because computers are prohibited by stricture from the Orange Catholic Bible. Hence the need for Mentats like Thufir Hawat. :nerd_face:

4 Likes

There could be so many Dune themed sets…

• Arrakis / Shai Hulud – desert sandy colors, bronze accents
  • Fremen / Stillsuit – dark neutrals (brown, navy, or black) with cobalt accents
  • Usul / Muad’dib – black on moon-grey with cobalt accents
  • Harkonnen – black on black with red accents and this artisan
  • Atreides – gold on black with dark red accents
  • Spice Melange – gold on burnt orange with cobalt accents
1 Like

this happens fairly often but it’s just so confusing…
This isn’t a keyboard related shipment but still making me go ‘hmmm’ hard.

3 Likes

:thinking:

9 Likes

Task failed sucessfully.

1 Like

On the same level with my pet peeve about GB’s being listed as “In stock”.

1 Like

Understanding postal service routing and logistics is the thing of nightmares. Within about a 25 mile radius of me there are at least 6 post offices. Of those six, five of them route to City A, while one routes to City B. City A is around 40 miles away, City B is 60 miles away…

but, here’s the kicker: mail routed through City B will consistently reach it’s destination quicker than mail routed through City A… That includes mail that has a destination of City A.

Hmmmmmm?

3 Likes

I somehow despise you now because I just read through that monstrosity…My head hurts.

1 Like

Guys, guys, here me out. This is the peak of my comedy career:

Can you smell… what durock is cooking

8 Likes

I warned you upfront about the nightmares… :laughing:

1 Like

I hope you heard my sigh from where you are lol

2 Likes

This has to be one of the oddest assortment of novelties ever. I know this is supposed to be like GMK Rudy, despite being named like it should be a rip off of GMK Denim… But those novelties make no sense.

I guess Route 66 and blue jeans are loosely associated. But the Canadian maple leaf? Did someone in China think that was pot? Smoking some sweet maple, man.

https://kbdfans.com/products/pga-jeans?id=09mfie

3 Likes

Looks to me like there is a lot of throw-back to the 60’s/70’s rebel / biker culture: peace sign, skull, jeans pocket, etc. But yeah, the Maple leaf is weird, and the barcode one is strange…and the most confusing of them all (to me at least) is the “sale” button – who associates consumerism with 60’s hippies?

2 Likes

Probaby a reference to the Canadian Tuxedo :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh *&^#… I haven’t heard that phrase in decades!

1 Like

The icons on pretty random but the more I look at them they seem to make sense. Similar to what people said above.

Here was my trail of thought

• Oh! It is like Easy Rider type stuff.

• Alright Alright Alright…

• Wait… that was Dazed and Confused…

• Did he where blue jeans? That would be a good icon…

• Wrong scene

• What is the one where “they stay the same age…”

• Dazed and Confused would make a great keyset…

3 Likes