Things that make us go... hmmm

That is peak 90s. Reminds me a little of the curviness of the Apple Adjustable Keyboard (AAKurate AAKronym, that).

This keycap render. It made me chuckle a bit. Why is the DEL legend so big and all caps? That row 1 is amazing fun. :rofl:

7 Likes

Maybe they’re really big fans of Del the Funky Homosapien.

No excuse for that #2 key, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Press numpad 7 key to “hone” your keyboard?

4 Likes

The top row hurts my head just looking at it, also am I crazy or are the < and > not aligned? Also I just noticed that the /? key looks like a cane since it looks like the two symbols merged into one

1 Like

there is no spacing between secondary characters on caps and it kills me

1 Like

pro tip: if you advertise a GB on geekhack and then never show up in the GB page…maybe not publicize the GB there…

For context the unofficial renders where so ugly that I took the set of my list because GB starter never adressed it. Which I am okay with seeing how they treated the groupbuy.

Also if one more GB starter makes a discord I’ll yell. No we dont need a discord for a gmk color way. Stop that BS. Make one discord were all is posted but not one everytime you have a color idea.

7 Likes

Epomaker introduces THE WORLD’S FIRST portable 65% keyboard

It is a 65% low profile keyboard with a wrap around folio case… That’s it… :joy: :joy: :joy:

And the typing angle in “stand” configuration would make a Korean custom user wince.

2 Likes

Blockquote
…you can adjust the NT68’s typing angle from 6-15.5 degrees to best fit your wrists.

Those are some high angles. Apart from that, I don’t mind the keyboard. It beats laptop and on-screen touch keyboards if you dislike those.

1 Like

Agree the keyboard itself isn’t bad, just the accompanying marketing.

1 Like

Im sure its gonna find people that will want it and need it

I get at least one DM a week on Instagram asking if I know of any 65% wooden keyboard cases for sale. Someone could make a bit of money if they had the inclination here.

1 Like

Imagine the warping from changes in moisture/humidity/temperatures when shipping wood cases/keyboards from China to the US

Yeah the two I have from a guy on Reddit were great and haven’t changed in years. The ones I received from an overseas group buy were completely unusable. I think something made from birch ply would be stable and lovely. Still remember that one group buy years back with a Bluetooth 65% birch board that I don’t think ever shipped. It was a looker, though.

1 Like

I know some friends who made their own cases but I don’t think they want to make cases to sell yet

1 Like

I saw a Planck case on discord that someone had chiseled out of a solid block of wood. Really freaking cool looking, so rough and unfinished.

2 Likes

Keygem actually has a wooden case :thinking:

I even saw one for the NYM96. That’s way too much board for me, but it being all wood … Dang. Pretty cool.

Oh and then there’s the walnut Mojo60 that takes the aesthetic just a bit further. Hopefully they restock those soon.

2 Likes

Yes, I believe keygem has the 60% wooden cases like KBDFANS sold. I have one of those I bought off of AliExpress 6 years ago that still is doing well. I think people specifically want 65% cases. Very popular form factor for people who still want arrow keys.

1 Like

I looked into this since I planned making a board for my father who is a carpenter. But mum then said he hates typing and wouldnt find use in it

1 Like