Things that make us go... hmmm

I could go for an espresso machine, but I’d have to drink a lot more coffee, to justify, one that would make a decent cup…

1 Like

I feel ya on this. I have 9 ways to make coffee at home at the moment, but no espresso machine. There is just way to much involved with one, from dialing in to maintenance that I can’t deal with that first thing in the AM. But damn I want one so bad. I love a good shot. And I miss coffee shops so bad right now!

4 Likes

Get a manual espresso maker like the Flair or Robot! It’s a bit more of a workout but you can get delicious espresso out of it and start figuring out how to dial in espresso.

I’ve seriously considered the flair. But that’s a pretty complicated workflow and I know I’ll never get it out to use it. The preheating kills it for me. For now I just use an aeropress and a Fellow Prismo to get close.

I like to use a Don Pedro for my coffee, the physics laws of the process just wow’s me every time. :nerd_face:

The barcodes on FedEx packages seem to have taken a turn for the worse. I’ve had 4 of my last 5 packages with “delivery exception - unreadable barcode” delayed by at least a day. hmmmmm

1 Like

I’m pretty sure FedEx is currently faking their package location scans because their supply chain can’t keep up with their delivery contracts due to COVID. Every FedEx package I’ve gotten in the past month has been “out for delivery” on the expected day then later they put in an unspecified delivery exception. They usually show up 3-4 days late for me :confused:

4 Likes

At least the packages aren’t perpetually “In Transit” even though the last destination scan is 1 zipcode away from me lol glares at usps

1 Like

At this point, im actively avoiding shippers using fedex. They recently held my new mattress ‘in transit’ for 3 weeks, and just about everyone I know is having similar issues with them. A friend recently had them misplace a $3,000 custom bass guitar for over a month; I would be livid.

Fedex says I have a package “Arriving today” when it just shipped yesterday. Do I believe them? No I do not.

7 Likes

It depends where it shipped from though, sometimes if it was right nearby it will show up right away.

Weird “logos” that look like freestockvectoricons.com on 500 dollar boards. I also don’t get it. This prevented me multiple times from buying a board.
I also agree with the artisans.

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF2ayWcJfxo
:upside_down_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Now there’s a solid old school reference :smiley:

1 Like

1U spacebars. How do folks get used to them? I have a zlant, with the MIT layout (2u space) and a preonic with the same. I don’t mind small spacebars, but I wonder at the limit my muscle memory would accept… That being said, I adapted to plenty of layout changes (.25u stagger, ortho, 40%) so maybe it would be a nonissue?

I ordered a custom cable on r/Mechmarket. Just got it in today, and it has a ‘made by zap cables’ sticker on it… definitely got me going, hmmm. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Wondering if this dude actually made my cable. :joy: I’ll leave him the benefit of the doubt. I know they sell parts. Just glad to have my cable finally (after 3 tries!).

did you buy it from someone other than zap? I have a couple cables from them

Yeh, I ordered from someone who was supposed to be making me a custom cable.

1 Like

yeah thats definitely big ‘hmmmmmm’ energy

2 Likes

He maybe just did the coil…

1 Like