Things that make us go... hmmm

The discount codes from the spin-the-wheel can’t be used with the buy-one-get-one-free MT3 deal.

3 Likes

The codes seem tied to the user; I tried sharing my $25 code with someone else and it didn’t work. I do wonder if everyone who got $25 also received the same code, though.

1 Like

Isn’t the right shift a typical Arisu layout – am I missing something?

Standard Arisu right shift is to the left of the arrow cluster, similar to standard keyboard layouts but usually 1.75u:

Angry Miao has the right shift to the right of the arrow cluster:

5 Likes

I just wonder how the hell you’re gonna reach that shift in the bottom photo

Ah okay, I see. I was thinking of the layout used by the Sneekbox Ava, and the Owlab Spring.

@pixelpusher I would use the up arrow for shift on hold, and the 1.75u to the right of it as a fn key. It works out fine on my Spring as my right pinky doesn’t reach past the left most 1u of the shift key on a regular layout anyway.

1 Like

Oh that’s interesting; I never noticed that on the Spring. I’m ok with all kinds of non-standard layouts, but I feel like this would drive me crazy on the arrow keys, even with the hold/tap functionality you’re using.

Oh yeah, I totally get that. Since I have my arrows on a layer (adaptation I learned from using a 60%) for me those keys are basically decorations most of the time, lol.

1 Like

Was looking over the new selection of Wuque Studio switches and I said “hmm…” to this one.

4 Likes

As someone who likes heavy tactile switches, a 45g bottom-out made me chuckle. It does at least say 70g for the tactile force WS Heavy Tactile Switches (Pack of 18) phew

2 Likes

Oh neat - looks like WS has a whole heap of new switches - and we can add Haimu to the list of manus that make all-clear ones.

2 Likes

Are there any other MX switches that only have 3mm travel?

I’m wanting to say I was reading about one just the other day… I might be thinking of the TTC Speed Silver which is 3.4 though.

At very least I can tell you that putting U4T or Kailh Pro (as in Pro Burgundy, Purple) in a typical JWK housing makes a really short throw switch.

is it nice or dumb?

It’s weird but I kinda like it. Definitely in novelty territory for me, but could conceivably be great for fast typing.

Here’s a related recipe card from my old site.

1 Like

I’ll have to try it. I have some jailhouse blue Gaterons that are super short in travel. They felt unique and fun but then I put them in a hotswap board and I didn’t enjoy them at all.

That’s an interesting way to spell “T0mb3ry” -autocorrect strikes again!

10 Likes

Keebwerk’s Moonboard. I guess this could be pretty cool, but some of those edges look kind of sharp.

8 Likes

I like how it can be both an asteroid-marked planetoid and a block of Swiss cheese

6 Likes

As if the moon isn’t made of cheese!

6 Likes