Things that make us go... hmmm

Are you on the development channel?

13.2 isn’t available to me yet but I do have a similar issue to the one you described. Guess I’ll wait a little while. Not a biggie.

He often does that for keyboard reviews that were a pain for him during the testing phase.

SPOILER ALERT: the keyboard must be particularly shitty:D

3 Likes

Nope. Just normal release channel like most folks. They could be assigning higher priority to developers but I doubt it. Apple I know don’t waste time fine-tuning like that.

2 Likes

yup. I should have edited or deleted my post. I got the red dot about an hour ago indicating there was an update available.

2 Likes

It’s pretty cute and all, but still… hmmmmm
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jellysquishcorner/keybuds

Found this just by searching “keyboard” on kickstarter. Is this an interest to anyone here? Genuinely curious.

2 Likes

I can’t unsee this.

69697bec6b7d61ee8d4e3d067190399d_original

11 Likes

Urgh. It happened again with one of my VIA boards. At least it’s not happening as often as before (from every few hours to every day or two).

Great, now I can’t unsee it either…:face_with_peeking_eye::exploding_head: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I wonder how intentional that was…

It reminds me of a friend’s mom who knits as a hobby - she made a knitted bag to hold whatever yarn balls she’s using at the time. It took her way too long to realize why my friend couldn’t stop laughing every time she referred to it as her “ball sack”.

Turned red as a tomato when it clicked.

5 Likes

Everything about this product feels very much like they’re channeling Kawaii, so my vote on this erm motion is that it’s unintentional. The repetition and the lines really doom this one.

Ignoring the gif, my kids would love this, but $60…

1 Like

This one is a big hmmmm for me

So I’m trying to buy a spicy gift for Valentine’s Day. I’m on my phone in incognito mode. Check out using PayPal. Item on the way.

Then, a few days later, my wife is checking her emails and says “I keep getting these emails from (store I purchased from). I’m just deleting them, because I figure it’s a scam.”

I look at her email and it’s One of those abandoned cart emails. Something like “are you still interested in this item you left in your cart?” And it’s the item I purchased.

WTFF??!

Are shopping carts somehow tracking IP addresses and then cross referencing with third party email address databases? I’m perplexed :thinking:

Again, was in incognito mode on my phone. Never signed up for an account. Checked out with PayPal.

Hmmmm……

5 Likes

Seems pretty sketchy behavior for a site, did you also get those emails?

1 Like

Nope

I’m not an expert, but there are ways of identifying and tracking without cookies that add up to a “device fingerprint” that can be recognized through incognito mode and even through VPNs.

3 Likes

Sketchy AF.

Was your phone on your wifi at home when you checked out and is your ISP through your wife’s email address? If you use the ISP router for wifi, they see a lot more of what you’re doing on the network. I’m assuming it’s not a shared PayPal account?

1 Like

I was probably on my router Wi-Fi, yes. And yea, not a shared PayPal account. But her email is through gmail and not ISP, so no connection there either.

Photo is taken from ‘alexotos’ youtube channel.

This cheese keyboard, I think it’s called Swiss.

I remember it from a while back and I gotta say, the design is really well done, especially the moon color, the shine in the holes really makes it come alive.

6 Likes

once again blown away by how different tactile switches feel on certain keyboards.

I’ve had a bag of Kangaroo Inks since the day they appeared on Novelkeys. I tried them but didn’t like them at all. Used a few over the years to try and frankenswitch parts, but paid no attention other than that.

I got my Gray Frog TKL and was looking for something that the LEDs would shine through. I thought… well, those TTC tactile matrix switches felt nice in a gasket board (hiney60), maybe the kangaroo inks would feel nice in this flexy Frog build.

Holy moly. Love it. Actually got my fastest typing score in quite some time at 132wpm. That’s really fast for me. The space bar is the nicest feeling and sounding thing I’ve ever used. It’s better than my Jane, which was always my favorite before this.

My favorite switches tend to be linear. But none of the linears I had on hand felt or even sounded very good in this build.

So yeah, try switches you don’t like in other boards every now and then. Might just make you go “hmmm…”

5 Likes

Is it just me, or does it seem that suddenly there are a LOT of Rama Thermal keyboards being sold in the WTS section - did it take a long time to arrive or did they buy and extra one with a different colour? Or is there something wrong with them? In the short time in the hobby I haven’t seen this before that suddenly so many just shipped keyboards get re-sold, and they are going like hotcakes.

Just curious :face_with_monocle: and of course pondering if I want to buy one…:face_with_peeking_eye: hmmm

I will say that one thing that happened with me in a ~2 year GB, by the time it came, my tastes had changed pretty dramatically.

The Thermal has a nice look, so maybe there are people that bough two to flip… but I also know that the hobby has been moving so fast, something that was innovative 2 years ago is old news now.

5 Likes