Things that make us go... hmmm

5 Likes

Someone in the topic on GeekHack said they waited 3 years for that set, I can’t imagine waiting 2-3 years and getting a faulty product, must be a nightmare for all parties involved.

6 Likes

Hasn’t that always been GMK’s business model?

1 Like

Y’all make it through the storm okay? The remnants are just showing up here in NC.

5 Likes

Had to huddle in the bathroom 3 times but no damage. I’m good. Thanks for asking.

9 Likes

No idea I never purchased a GMK set (taxes and shipping are too high for me to justify it).

But keep in mind that GMK are manufacturing well over 100,000 sets a years since 2020, in 2020 they sold over 120,000 sets, and that’s without big vendors like NK_ that don’t report numbers for their super popular sets (e.g. Star Wars one), numbers could go well over 150,000 a year.

I’m not following GMK’s shenanigans so I can’t say how widespread the issues are (I’m feeling Deja Vu, I think I made an exact comment in the past).

1 Like

All good here!

8 Likes

Yep, safe and sound. Got the “take shelter” warning on the phone a few times but nothing crazy in my neck of the woods.

7 Likes

Glad to hear you all made it through unscathed!

3 Likes

:thinking:

15 Likes

Yup yup, glad to hear y’all are safe :pray:t3:

5 Likes

okay… but can we talk about that GREEN CASE. :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Space Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

5 Likes

How did he make a 15u spacebar?

2 Likes

Apparently it was a private GB run by blindassassin / Vitkus Design made to work with a 7u stabilizer

There’s also a video: this spacebar makes me feel inadequate - YouTube

5 Likes

That’s about 4u of leverage at each end of the spacebar. Does it not pop off the opposite stabs if pressed at the ends?

Probably, but you have bigger problem in your life if you’re thumbs are located there.

4 Likes

It’s “your”. However, I asked a civil question so I’m curious to learn why you chose to answer in an insulting manner.

1 Like

I didn’t read that as insulting. I thought @skepp was being silly (I read “you” as “people in general”, not directly addressing you, @marksmad) I’ve never seen skepp be intentionally rude on this forum. I believe it was intended as a lighthearted remark.

10 Likes

This. It is super hard to read tone or emotion online, but I tend to give the benefit of the doubt, unless something makes me think otherwise.

3 Likes