TTC Bluish White (and its weird spring)

I’ve spent some time using the stock switches. Can confirm it’s like a half-silent switch because the bottom out is muted. I opened the and checked the stems, but there are no dampeners. I’m very keen to find out how the switch is muted on bottom out. It can’t just be the long spring?

l find it decently smooth, no spring/leaf ping or crunch.
I lubed the top housing of one switch, turning the switch into essentially a silent one. Amazing. What sorcery is involved here?

2 Likes

One of the marketing illustrations seems to indicate there might be something like
a small silicone plug at the bottom of the center tube of the bottom housing - but I do wonder if it’s just the spring. Can you see anything down there?

1 Like

I can’t confirm for sure, but in terms of surface the of the bottom of the tube is different than the floor of the housing. I also tried poking and it feels softer. That might be it!

2 Likes

There is evidence of some dampening in their force curve, it doesn’t just shoot straight up, there is some slope there that is similar to other dampened switches.

EDIT: Poked around on the switch, there is some kind of dampening pad in the stem hole.

5 Likes

This is awesome, thank you!

So hey - if I sent you some frankenswitches (and $ for your time), could you do force-curves for them?

2 Likes

ditto honestly, would be really interesting to see how different contact leaves actually impact force curves.

1 Like

Quick typing test with a couple comparisons here.

Side note: I thought the Roo’s spring was long - jeez!

1 Like

I installed TTC Bluish Whites on my QXP. Honestly I am not a huge fan of tactile switches on brass, but I did not feel like having a custom plate cut for it.

I am really, pleasantly surprised by these switches. I am elevating this to “favorite stock tactile.” I can use these without lubing them and they still feel really good.

I do think some of the Chinese sites selling them overstate their durability - I think this is the first time I’ve seen a "Billion Clicks."

4 Likes

also the first time I’ve seen a switch featuring a ‘clear paragraph’ :wink:

1 Like

Hehe I think they meant force graph, lol.

1 Like

Feels good to hear, I ordered a bag last week from aliexpress.

1 Like

Mine arrived 2 days ago and I have been testing them a little.

They are definitely smoother-feeling than stock MX Brown. I’d say they subjectively feel a little bit heavier and more tactile.

They are not unpleasant to type on, but a little dull so far. Will have to try more, I guess. The cheap Tai Hao OEM-profile caps I tried made a scary noise when I mounted them on those huge stems, but they seem to be okay.

EDIT: I have them side-by-side with some ART BOX Browns that are using the same keycaps. The level of tactility actually feels comparable to these BOX Browns, the Bluish White are probably smoother though.

The Bluish White might even be more tactile than the ART BOX Browns, side-by-side, which means they are substantially more tactile than MX Brown.

3 Likes

I also receive mine and I have to say that I’m enjoying this switch. It checks all of the “boxes” with a little extra.
1. The tactile event starts at the top (where the tactile event starts is more important to my taste than how tactile it is)
2. little to no wobble
3. No loud “clack” on the bottom out
4. Weight is not too light or heavy (despite what it says on the sheet : 42g)
I love the fact that the bottom out is “dampened” even though I don’t bottom out on every stroke. So in terms of the percussive sound of this switch, it’s only the upstroke that I hear (which I like). The sound is a little sharp on the upstroke stock but just a little lube in the top housing and they sound awesome.

I took a big risk with this switch because the 42g weight was definitely not interesting to me, but pleasantly suprise after mounting and using them. I’m sure because the spring is so weird that the weight doesn’t really tell you anything about what to expect with the weight when compared to other switches.

3 Likes

I am most surprised by how nice they are stock. I have had them on a board for a week and haven’t yet felt the urge to lube or film them. I am sure that they can be improved, but this was a pleasant discovery.

3 Likes

Same. And i didn’t go crazy with the lube task. Just a very small amount on the sliders in the top housing to alter the sound of the upstroke.

1 Like

They look interesting, especially the gold pink, there are good comments from them, how will the red v3 be?

1 Like

Recently gave the Bluish White switches a go (totally stock) and I quite like them. Using them with a POM plate for some bounce.

The sound of the dampened downstroke combined with the louder upstroke is reminiscent of stock Topre switches.

6 Likes

I love my Bluish White, thinking of selling the rest of my tactile switches.

4 Likes

I really like the feel of them from testing a few from the batch that I bought. I need to lube the rest and put them in a board asap. The weight and bump are pretty perfect.

1 Like

TTC Bluish Whites is my current favourite tactile. The weight is just right and love the downstroke sound. The only thing is the upstroke on the spacebar makes a somehow louder clack, so for that I just use a U4 Boba and it sounds like the rest.

3 Likes