TTC Bluish White (and its weird spring)

They must have two versions. The ones that I got from 1upkeyboards were 5 pin – that was a while ago so I hope that they aren’t exclusively 3pin now or something.

Edit: I checked the 1up product page and it specifically mentions “now for the first time will be available in a 5 pin PCB mount option”. I don’t know how prevalent the 5pin version is I guess.

1 Like

This is what got me curious about these switches. I enjoy switches with gentle bottom-out feels. Something between the mmk frog and topre could be very addictive for me. Boba u4 is another switch that resembles topre, but they are too quiet to my liking.

Darn, I wish I knew before I put my second order in that there were 5-pin versions. Though the vendor who I ordered the second batch through doesn’t list 3 or 5 pin so maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

I think every time someone says an MX switch is Topre-like it angers the rubber dome gods. Hope I didn’t steer you wrong here.

3 Likes

So what you’re saying is TTC Bluish White is exactly the same as a Topre switch, if not better? You heard it from @mwb first! :wink:

3 Likes

Well at very least, they have bottoming-out on silicone in common, so it’s not for nothing that the comparison is made.

I never considered the Bluish White to be soft or mushy tho, just muted.

agreed and that’s why I made the Topre comparison. hopefully that made sense

Oh hey look - a full silent version:

MK has loads of TTCs in stock, including at least one I hadn’t heard of. They have the Heart switches and some other clear silent linear among others. Kinda pricy to buy in small numbers but they ship fast.

2 Likes

Wow. that flame red one looks to be the newest mold that they are using for the Matrix-01 switches. I bet it’s a full nylon as well. I was going to snag some, but it seems to be a placeholder. They are not in stock.

Same with the silent bluish white. But it sure looks like MK made a big order with TTC. That’s good for me b/c I live in the same state!

1 Like

Ah, yeah I see now most of those are the same - they do have the Hearts, at least.

Still, pleased to see TTC continuing to diversify and up their game. :3

Really tempted to pick up some heart ones to try them out. I want fully clear switches for my M65-B iced board, but I’m just not liking the aqua kings. Still too many of them feel sluggish. I realized the other day that I’m not using that board much, and I think it’s because I don’t like the switches I have in it.

I have to agree about the Aqua Kings - I’m honestly not sure how they’ve maintained such an excellent reputation with how gummy they really are. They’re not awful or anything but I can’t recommend them for anything but a very narrow set of priorities.

I know Tecsee has a clear one that’s available, Gateron has been working on one, and it looks like TTC is about to release their second. Kailh has one, too, with a polyamide stem as opposed to polycarbonate. It will be interesting to see if the all-transparent switch space ends up with as many lasting caveats as the UHMWPE space.

This will be the second time I’ve necro’d this thread but I thought I should since I was so effusive in my praise of the Bluish white last month. I finally got a chance to put these in a board and honestly, now I hate them. I know that’s a swing but the plasticy sound of them in the board I built them with (a Moon TKL) is very off-putting. I still think they feel pretty good but a few users in here warned me about the the contrast between downstroke and upstroke but I learned the hard way.

I did lube the tops but I either did a bad job or there wasn’t much I could do.

1 Like

Did you build them into a stiff plate? Stiff plates are really unkind to the sound of these particular switches.

U can try to remove the bottom out pad.

I second the removal of the silicone dampening pad. It makes these switches way better. Their strange imbalance of sound really threw me off of my typing rhythm for some reason, and I didn’t enjoy the reduced travel. I used a small drill bit that fit in the stem pole well, applied a little pressure, and twisted the pad out. But make no mistake, while this will even out the sounds of the up and down stroke, they will always be clack monsters which I’m personally cool with.

1 Like

I used a POM plate so it’s pretty soft. I just tried burger mounting and that helped a bit. the board is an old top-mount so there’s only so much you can do (I’m not complaining, I like top mounts).

It’s not going to be my board so it should be fine as it is now.

the weird thing is, I tested these on an acrylic preonic with that stuff plate it ships with and I thought they sounded pretty good.

thanks to you and @skepp for the suggestion. I soldered these in already though and the plate doesn’t support top removal so these are gonna stay the way they are until I get really really motivated.

Yeah, desoldering is a hurdle that you really need a good amount of motivation to jump. I’ve found that my POM plates sound very plastic’y as is (go figure) and can amplify certain sounds. For instance, the POM plate in my MGA Standard really amplifies any scratch or leaf noises, especially in tactiles. I suppose I can’t limit this to just the plate material as there could be many things at play here. Just an anecdote at best.