What are you waiting for?

NK87 EE is available on beige! Too many keys?

1 Like

Yes…

…but you make a compelling argument.

1 Like

PC parts unfortunately. My 3600x build decided to commit x). Went with a 12700k for the new build.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it was good luck or perfect timing, but I just received my Ctrl Alt the Bro Set in the mail. Finally got it!

3 Likes

mictlant

I’m waiting for the GMK Mictlán group-buy to happen :blossom: :skull: :hibiscus:

I’m sure this would be much easier to execute in dye-sub PBT, but I do hope they manage to run this in GMK’s ABS.

9 Likes

Oof Thanks for the gentle reminder on this guy. I could see this being my first GMK set in a hot while. The Picado base kit would be so much work though.

1 Like

I love that one too, but might try for extras when it happens.

If you are looking for an excuse to get the beige 87EE just watch mechmerlins build stream. The different mounting and polycarbonate plate make the typing experience far superior to the NK65 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That would have sold me, but I already went for it. :grin:

I’m really glad to see both of the EE keebs move to a PC plate. This or that mounting is a nice bonus for me, but a plate (especially on a hot-swap keeb) that won’t chew-up my switch-clips is a welcome change.

I think a fun topic to explore would be how various keeb entities have evolved over the course of time. NovelKeys, Velocifire, RAMA, RoyalKludge…

1 Like

I would be scared of gmk results with those colors tbh, reminds me of deep space and violet tendencies which are both pretty bad and hard to see

3 Likes

I don’t know, most of them feels like a scrambled Miami Nights, and that works. :thinking:

Youhouuuuuu, it will do 1 year that the GB ePBT Be The One is in progress…

2 Likes

I’m just waiting for one thing. A e8.5 with u4Ts in it. But canada post is slow, especially from canada to UK.

1 Like

The KBDfans/Vulcan Maja v2 keyboard had no estimated shipping date during the GB or after (a little odd, but they were upfront about it). Site just updated and it’s scheduled to ship next month! Super stoked for this board :slight_smile:

Still waiting on the Vega 65 GB from November 2020…

2 Likes

I sat down the other day to make a proper list; I’d had one before but it’s buried in a backup after installing a fresh OS on my home machine.

Turns out I’m waiting on a bit more stuff than I first remembered, but I think the thing I’m most excited about right now is the Mojo68 “THIS IS PLASTIC” livery.

4 Likes

Geez, a lot right now just off the top.

• CRP Tulip :tulip:
  • Oceanographer by Aeternus (in rose gold!)
  • Hubris by Rain (ortho endgame? we’ll see)
  • Plate from P3D for Hubris
  • 3u stab wires… for Hubris
  • Epbt Less But Better extras

I think that’s it, might be some switches I bought but I can’t remember without looking, lol. Sucks buying a thing only to wait for that thing and buy other things in the meantime because you just want a thing. Here’s a pic of a pretty thing (Ocean):

8 Likes

Stuff for a number of one-off projects:

• Re-finished and Hard-coated TGR Jane V2 CE Case (Black)

• Prototype Ceratanium "Weight"s for TGR Jane V2 & CE
    Not really ceratanium since that’s proprietary to IWC, but something similar to it.
    First “successful” product of the sintering process without too many issues. Good
    enough for me. Very bland-looking, but this is still a test phase before I get one
    machine or hand-finished…which ever ends up being more practical for this
    mutant material. Crazy difficult to work with as it is.

• Prototype Forged Carbon Bland Rectangle Top Case
    Testing different resins and their appearance, and durability. Hoping to eventually
    get a deliberate liquidy-marbled appearance a la Audemar’s Piguet Forged Carbon
    watch cases. Long shot though, for sure.

Keycaps:

• Lots of KAT keysets. Joined the GBs for explosion, and Atlantis via ZFrontier CN automated spot swap system. Quite the steal at only 120% markup on msrp.
  • SA Vilebloom Ultimate
  • A couple of GMK keysets to catch up on my 2 year absence from keyboards.
  • Couple of JTKs

Artisans:

• 9 bongocats. Half are Pokémon bongos from 2019. Been meaning to complete that miniset.
  • Last Pilot Synthblade
3 Likes

God Im waiting on too much stuff.

Keycaps:
IFK Delight Base & Novelties
GMK Stargaze Base, Novelties, Deskmats & Artisans
MW Sougut
GMK Modo 2 Mist Kit (Extras)
GMK Kaiju (Drop)
IFK Writers Block Base & Extension (TKC Instock?)
Kat Lala Base

Switches:
MW Commute
NK Nolive
Zeal Clickiez, Pearlios & Crystal
Oooolong switches
The ALS Switch from 3DKeebs
All the Keyfirst Bling switches
BBN Linears from Dangkeebs
Kam Bouquet[/s]
Dreaming Girl Usagi
GMK Electric
Gateron SolDarks (on the way)
Corsa switches (otw)
and like 60 switches from a friend

and a boyfriend

9 Likes

Apparently AliExpress has a bunch of the C64-styled BBOX kits… so now I’m waiting on one of those and some Azure Dragon switches. I’d been casually keeping an eye out for one of those kits for a while; kinda forgot about Ali.

Probably because each purchase from them has been an extended, mildly nail-biting experience that doesn’t always end with the intended product arriving, but usually pans-out evenly enough.

4 Likes

Got a c64 BBox from Ali a couple weeks ago.
Can confirm 100% legit and awesome, but I haven’t been able to fully build it because the extra standoffs in the case interfere with the 60% PCB that I had planned to use (DZ60 Solder). But putting the case and stand together was fun. More kits should be made like this.

4 Likes