What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

I had the same “issue” with my keyforge shishi.
I was kind of sad when i found that it couldn’t fit at all.

I did slowly slide in one wing of the cross on an loose gateron ink in each of the ends on the cross.
Once i did this thre times on each side i could slowly mount it on the loose switch,
after dismounting it from there three times it just fine mounted on the koala switch in my polaris and lives there now.
Hope that helps you.

1 Like

Man, you know that’s insane !

I have an anova so use that case for that device- I never thought of it for keyboards! Great idea!

I actually bought two for keyboard storage at @Manofinterests suggestion. Almost bought another actually for my water circulator, but knew that I would just use it as a keyboard case and couldn’t justify it, lol :rofl:

1 Like

7 Likes

Nice, can’t wait for my DIY kit’s to arrive!

Got in my Blueberries. They’re already on MechMarket :grimacing:

7 Likes

Ah, neat! Hoping to hear some thoughts on 'em from you soon :smiley:

1 Like

I think his thoughts were “Don’t like these, going to sell them”

:laughing:

4 Likes

Yep pretty much this. Put them in a macropad and immediately disliked them. The double bump when pressing slow is weird to me and when pressing at regular speed it just feels like a scratchier bump.

But they sold in 10 minutes and they’re at the post office already. Hopefully someone else can enjoy them!

4 Likes

Akko 3108 v2 fullsize with house-brand blues for my sister. This is her first “real” keeb - she wanted something pink and clicky, so this seemed like a pretty solid pick. Now just waiting on the matching mouse!

5 Likes

Sansa is not amused…

9 Likes

Got a rev1 preonic and flat caps to make it into a 4 octave midi keyboard. Now to get QMK midi to work (any tips or configs to share?)

6 Likes

Got some Zilent v2 67g’s to compare to the Outemu U4 Silent Tactile’s I got last week. I think I actually prefer the Outemu switches over these. The Zilents definitely have a more noticeable bump to them, and have a nice return pop, but they are slightly louder, and the Outemu’s just feel softer/mushier, which I like. I think I am going to try and make my Discipline65 hotswap and try these both out on a full board before I make up my mind.

3 Likes

That’s been my experience with the Outemu silents so far as well. If you’re okay with a softer feel, they’re about as quiet as you can possibly get right now.

I’ll quickly note that spring weight has a massive impact on how snappy a bump feels; the difference between a 52g and a 60g spring with the Outemu silent tactile stems I have is significant. With the 52g, the switches felt… untrustworthy - as if the spring struggled to overcome the bump on the way back up. They felt like pure mush. Swapped in some 60g… snappy AF. :+1:

My U4’s haven’t arrived yet, but I’ve been using some V2’s (2.2’s?) for about a year now - typing on them now actually. Whenever someone mentions they want a more quiet keyboard, I now ask them, “How quiet?” - followed-up with a few questions about preferred typing feel. For me personally, Gateron Silent Inks strike a pretty great balance between crisp feel and less sound - but they’re practically machine-guns compared to lubed linear silent Outemus.

The silent market is probably the most rapidly-evolving sector of the overall keeb market and better stuff comes out every couple months it seems like - but at least for now, those Outemus are the most quiet switches by a wide margin - especially the linear version. My co-workers’ butterfly switch Apple things are significantly more audible.

There’s some more detailed discussion and a few close-up comparison photos about Outemu silents vs some others here if you’re interested.

1 Like

Today a small package, but important: the /dev/tty ortho kit (I had almost all of the other kits, so this expands the compatibility a great deal)

I do wish /dev/tty had Triumph colored ortho modifiers though.

2 Likes

Sanctuary Rebirth PBT from Infinikey.

Not bad. The reverse all over dye-sub on the alphas actually makes for fairly crisp legends (but not doubleshot crisp). Not sure if I like the smoothness of the keycaps, makes it feel kinda cheap-ish.

9 Likes

these photos, my man. Lord, you are killing it. That combo looks so cool.

Any chance you could take some macro shots comparing the legends to a double shot cap like GMK and another dyesub legend like ePBT? Maybe some other shots where the cap is angled with a light shining on the surface as well so we can see the texture (compared to the other keycaps as well). Sorry, this is a tall order, lol. If you’re up to the task it would give us some great insight into Infinikey’s current capabilities.

1 Like

If Ninjapirate can’t I can do this tomorrow when my set shows up bud!

3 Likes