What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

I’ll try and get a few shots done today or tmrw.

3 Likes

Higher res: https://photos.app.goo.gl/UoV5Bro22hD6Gao77

i don’t have a good macro lens so hard to get close up shots…

Edit: But here are some crappy macros using a tube extender.

7 Likes

wow, that reverse dye sub is impressive to me. I’ve seen double shot caps that have similar bleed from plastics mixing on the thin serfis. Very nice, indeed.

3 Likes

Stocking up on my basics.

3 Likes

Thank you for the pics, I really appreciate the effort. They aren’t perfect up close, but they look great for reverse dyesub (or dyesub even). The keycaps themselves don’t look desaturated either which is a major pet peeve of min.

1 Like

This is very impressive for reverse dye sub. Awesome reference photo, thank you for posting this.

1 Like

I had quite the mail day today, two very different (but both super rad) boards that showed up on the same day.

10 Likes

is that a modern m0110 or the drop clone?

It’s a modern m0110. Seems some have been trickling out over the last few weeks.

Polaris came in.

• Black case with normal brass weight
  • 2 PCBs
  • full-brass plate and half-FR4 plate

Going to take my sweet time building this one.

7 Likes

aaaaaah I still need to post mail pics. Got Sandstorm in; but I’ll post it once it’s on a board :slight_smile:

4 Likes

No problem!

To be honest, it actually looks crisper than the regular dyesub on the red keys. The only issue I can see is color bleed from the plastic underneath. In strong daylight you can still see a dark red hue to these keys (hard to photograph).

2 Likes

Yikes. That’s a clear stop sign for me.

Same I got behind with mail pics & got so many artisans & small things in since my last post I figured better not to spam the thread. Waiting on Sanctuary Rebirth to finally get here (was supposed to be here fri… F Fedex) before I post anything again.

1 Like

I think that just comes with the territory with reverse dye subs.

• Something I expected - and something I didn’t!

• YMDK 9-key RGB hot-swap macro pad I’d ordered from their eBay store

• Commodore 64 salvaged and converted into a functional USB keyboard

• Complete with original dust and crust!

I’d been expecting the macro pad for a while, but was surprised to find a much bigger package next to it in the mailbox.

My dad had an old C64 that appeared not to function, so he’d long-ago salvaged the main board for components. Years later, he decided to make something really cool out of what was left: a fully-functioning driverless USB keyboard. I knew he’d been working on it in the background alongside his many other projects, but I’d basically forgotten about it. What a cool thing to open alongside my little macro pad!

For the curious, some keeb trivia:

• Mitsumi linear switches (used to feel awful and creak like an old bed, but now they are surprisingly passable - pops must have given them some love)

• Super-thick high-pro double-shot spherical ABS caps with pad-printed front legends for character-based graphics

• Caps are cross mount, but not MX

• Shift Lock is a physically-locking switch

• Uses a printer cable

• Appears to have old school joystick ports (now where did I put my Gravis Pro…)

• Made possible with the Keyrah V2 board from Individual Computers and lots of tinkering

Thanks, Dad!

13 Likes

My first PCB arrived finally! A GH60 Satan. Took over a month from UK to Germany. Had an AliExpress delivery in the meantime that actually came through faster :man_shrugging:t2:

Hope that allows sufficient initial switch tests without a plate and case.

5 Likes

That little pink case is so cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Finally got my Sanctuary Rebirth set in & all the long spacebars are warped bad… LOL FML… Other than that though I am really happy with the set. The legends came out great & it looks just like I thought it would, gotta give Infinikey credit where it’s due. As for the spacebars, I have heard most sets didn’t have bad warping like mine so there’s that. I shot TKC an email & got my fingers crossed they have some replacement spacebars on hand. I’ll let you guys know what goes on there.
Edit: TKC did get back to me & are shipping me replacement 6.25u & 7u spacebars!

Oh, I also got my two KRAP Copycats from the Starwars day sale in too! So happy with them! Been wanting a Copycat for awhile & really lucked out to get two spots in that raffle!

5 Likes

As a Quake player that font really speaks to me. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes