What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Great choices. I love my AN-C PCB build. It’s so nice that it comes with VIA out of the box. And Serika is very nice in person. I just got the Alphas recently and am loving the MT3 profile to type on

Got a cyan Pain cap in from BewCaps & a Flamethrower Snorclax in from Clack City caps. Although by far the start of my mailday was the Leopold Star switches (linear 62g) I got in! Bought a batch of 65 for $38 shipped of r/mm just toi try them out & man did they blow me away comparing them to other linear switches. They are easily Alpaca/Tangie level of smooth, the housings fit together much tighter than JWK/Durock switches, & the stock spring is extremely good no ping whatsoever from it & it’s gold plated. The letdowns on them are they do have a good bit of stem wobble in both directions & they are only plate mount AFAIK. I wish i could find more info on them, but I couldn’t find anything online using multiple search terms & couldn’t even find a Aliexpress listing for them! All I can say is if you get them for around $0.60 a switch they are well worth it! I’ll report back when I get more info on them as I want to grab a couple hundred of them just to have if I can find where to buy.

TLDR: Got some artisans in today & got some of the new Leopold Start switches (linear 62g) in which are much much better than I thought they’d be. Well worth checking out!

4 Likes

Where can I get Leopold Start switches?

1 Like

nvm. found details at 아콘 fx 극성회축 타건, Polaris Gray Switch, Pole star gray shaft SP-Star / Linear Switch Keyboard Sound Test - YouTube

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=614268604082

2 Likes

Hmm, never heard of these :thinking:

Oh shit!!

Btw, these signature plastics keycaps are kind of insane! Super great quality. Whoa, they seem much more substantial than other SA caps. The only other ones I’ve ever gotten from them were SA Nuclear. Nice :+1:t3:

5 Likes

This is Ice Caps or whatever right? I had that set for a minute and I thought they were really incredible quality. I just wasn’t a fan of the SA profile. I thought I would be after using MT3 for a few years but there was something about it I just couldn’t get over.

1 Like

These are snow cap. I’ve never understood that :man_shrugging:t2: I love SA! And MT3 as well. Would love to try topre HiPro one day. Have you tried those?

Silent Alpacas

Another addition on my switch journey. I did not think I would ever like a linear switch, but these may convert me.

5 Likes

I got my plague doctor from rascal caps and he threw in the prismatic dragon for free! What a guy!

2 Likes

What are they?

Oh geeze haha, I thought I put it at the beginning, Silent Alpacas.

Sorry I didn’t get to answer your question, I worked 6 days this week & passed out shortly after I posted that. Awesome find on the Taobao link, I was curious where to get more! Just woke up at 3am & can’t fall back asleep so I’m starting to lube my batch of these for my Sirius right now. I’ll let you know how they feel after lube & in board so you can get a better ideal of how they perform before ordering some. Although I have a feeling these will be switches I highly recommend. If they can tighten up the stem/slider wobble in future batches, Leopold or whoever manufactures these will have a homerun of a switch IMHO!

1 Like

Yup. Plastic used by SP is noticeably heavier and more satisfying.

2 Likes

That’s it always annoys me when people on /r/mk are like “abs is trash!!!1! pbt is the only good plastic” when all abs is not created equal.

4 Likes

Graystudio 65% suede style finish carry bag. Loving this thing! Looks great, and it’s nice and sturdy-feeling.

4 Likes

Darb, still waiting for this!

Retro Refrigerator Norbaforce Mark II! Now we wait for KBDfans to release EC Extended 2048…

15 Likes

This already looks great but 2048 might be even greater!

I got my “Drink Me” macropad today. I originally planned to put some of my extra artisans on it, but I don’t seem to have four that look good together, so for now I’m using some extra SA Laser novelties. The 3D printing is a bit rough on the case.

4 Likes