What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Pretty good mail day:

21 Likes

sure hope you show these off on twitch/YT

2 Likes

I think that’s a mass drop thing, in the first mt3 dev/tty round I got a lot of the novelties and extras kits and tons of the keys came individually in baggies, and they were really shitty baggies, like the ones where like they split when you open them a lot of the time. I was so annoyed it was such a waste of plastic

1 Like

Pretty cool man !

Perfect, something to do this weekend.

4 Likes

Love the old school design language.

Thanks @Deadeye!

Thanks @badnewsblair! The dude I ordered it from has a website www.MechFashion.com where you can customize your own sleeve. He was super friendly and I think it was very reasonably priced. I can’t recommend it enough!

1 Like

Can confirm. Piotr is a good guy who makes quality products for reasonable prices. I have a custom sleeve that matches my /dev/tty Triumph.

2 Likes

Where, how!? You lucky dog you, I’m drooling on these pics LOL!

2 Likes

Always on the prowl looking at Taobao, ebay, and many other sources :eyes:

3 Likes

Keychron optical linears to replace the clickys mine came with. (Look at that clicky lurking back there)

Look ma no pins!

3 Likes

how’s the stability of optical linears? Any wobble?

2 Likes

Will report back tomorrow

ROMA TR-4000 4mm Mechanical Charcoal Pencil - AKA “Switch Picker” / “Stem Holder”

Sweet! I actually forgot I ordered this. If you’re wondering, it costs about the same to buy as a pencil - but you’re a bit more likely to find it in stock. And hey, mine came with a ton of 4mm charcoal, which I didn’t know until it arrived today. Bonus!

Thanks to @CosmicKira and a couple other folks I can’t recall at the moment for making me aware of these.

10 Likes

Promised report on optical reds.

Got the optical linears put on the keychron board. They sit pretty tight in the plate. The plate is thick (to me), and has 1 million screws to keep it stable. Not really. I think I counted 12 screws - so many. Which makes sense if that’s all that’s holding the switches. So it feels like they designed for that. I don’t notice any negative wiggle when typing.

I almost forgot which direction to mount them Because the bottom of the switch is virtually flat, so that’s something to think about.

The keys actually feel really light, but that also makes me bottom out pretty hard. Even my wife said they bottom out hard. That’s all I got. But I’m going to try it for a few days and give it a chance.

5 Likes

well you can open them up and spring swap, right? Don’t they just take standard mx springs?

looks like a kailh box opener would get them. I find it just as easy or even easier to use a slim flat tweezer or knife.

1 Like

Yes, I actually got some springs. I might do that.

1 Like

Can I ask what keyboard (and colour) this is?

Love the colour combination you’ve got here.

Thank you for the information !

Just ordered one from AliExpress :stuck_out_tongue: