What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Ooo… these are definitely still on my short list.

I like ThicThock’s products but can’t recommend buying any from their own store. I am in the Bocc GB :pensive:

3 Likes

Time to try out some new (to me) switches!

15 Likes

Got my Lavenders in today. Can confirm they are noticeably deeper sounding than PC topped JWK/Durock switches from a quick test loose. They also sound very close to Cherry switches! Very smooth as well. Although given what we see with Cherry switches I’d say get them now while the molds are fresh if you’re interested in them.

9 Likes

FFFinally there here!
Feels good in the hand. But looks like the got the same lube treatment as the latest Alpacas.

9 Likes

Got my Prophet today. I’ll have to report back after I’ve played with it some more. The nylon plate works but is a bit challenging.

I’m thinking gateron kangaroo inks feel the best in it. Didn’t feel anything special when I tried linears.

4 Likes

What I got in the mail today is a secret - but I’m excited about it, and I’ll be able to tell you about it soon enough. :3 Suffice to say it’s something in development, and at the polishing stage.

8 Likes

GB when? :yum:

1 Like

Got Dorp BoW in. Then my wife made me sanitize it. #covidlife

3 Likes

TKC × C3 Equalz Dragon Fruits

Like the rest of their fruity family, these cool-pink tactiles are very pretty.

Initial in-hand impressions put these somewhere between an Ink Kangaroo and a Halo Clear. Like the 'Roo, this has a short, crisp (and a bit more moderate) bump at the top - but instead of a short, harsh bottom-out, you get the “valley” effect that some switches like Halos have, where the resistance is at its lowest level between the tactile bump and bottom-out.

This gives the switch a nice bouncy feeling, m̶a̶y̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶u̶i̶t̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶y̶p̶i̶s̶t̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶f̶e̶r̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶t̶o̶m̶-̶o̶u̶t̶

Edit: In an actual board I do tend to bottom-out even when typing lightly, though not with the harshness of something like an Ink Kangaroo or Holy Panda.

I agree with what was said on the stream about these switches; unlike Tangies or Kiwis, these really do need some lube to reveal their potential.

11 Likes

Got my batch of Durock POM housing/mystery meat stem switches, a 100 pack of 50g ALPS springs, & a set of DCS ALPS Yuri in today! The Durock POM switches seem decent on first impressions. They are definitely made out of POM as they sound identical to creams side by side, although they’ll definitely need a spring swap as the stock ones are crunchy. Not sure what to make of the stem, definitely not POM as they are much smoother than creams stock & do not have the stick/slip feel at all. I’m tempted to say they’re PE stems as they have a similar look, but can’t say for sure.

10 Likes

sounds like a nice switch! I’m going to assume they need switch films, yes?

1 Like

While the top & bottom housing is a much better fit than earlier JWK/Durock switches I still plan on filming them. There is barely any housing wobble before opening & just a slight wobble afterwards, although I think it’s enough that filming will benefit them. Definitely nice to see JWK/Durock is tightening up their tolerances though!

4 Likes

https://imgur.com/gallery/S89NWi2
Received the brand new Seal Linear Switch from Cannonkeys. (designed by Minterly) Not only are these extremely pretty but they are actually insanely smooth. Not sure if i got lucky but these feel smoother than uhmwpe in a translucent housing. Threw in some 205 and 62 slow springs and they feel amazing. The V2 molds also greatly improve the JWK tolerances. There is zero need to film these.

7 Likes

I have to admit I’m jealous now…
Mind me asking where on earth did you uncover this keypad from?

1 Like

He linked it three comments later

3 Likes

Thanks! Yeah I got it from ebay, the link is a few comments after that. Hopefully dude has some left!

2 Likes

Oh I had missed that post with the link. Got it now and was able to place an order just in time!
You sir, made another keyboard afficionado happy today!
Thank you!!!

4 Likes

my board arrived but… sad anod job :pensive:

4 Likes

I always say, don’t eat while anodizing!