What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

OK thanks—good to know. They’re so cute!

If only I were a PCB designer (sigh)

3 Likes

https://trashman.wiki/en/community/cases/p4kcr3
or ?rank p4kcr3 in da 40’s server

3 Likes

wait, isn’t that trashman himself?

3 Likes

yes… I thought he was aware already :sadge:

3 Likes

Life been kinda crazy last couple months and keebs been takin the backseat. I’m here now tho :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

I think bad seed tech said the same

Varmilo white & mint keycaps came in! The quality is excellent - PBT dye sublimation keycaps in Cherry profile

7 Likes

Got a 108 batch of Matrix Lab FFFF linears & a pack of the FFFF stabs in from Deskhero & a set of Tai-Hao Tomcat ALPS caps in from mechanicalkeyboards.com for a upcoming ALPs build. I had to grab some of the FFFF switches cause they’re black & gold, they spoke to my inner Yinzer LOL! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

GMK Honey arrived today!

17 Likes

For a minute there I thought you bought a can of Fart

3 Likes

Food grade Fart.

1 Like

1900mAh battery for the KBD67L bluetooth PCB I ordered

Seen in the background, my chinchilla-shaped Suzuki

8 Likes

C2op

6 Likes

Really nice mail day today! Got a BoW USB-C coiled cable with a push/pull connector in from Happy Cables. Really happy with the quality of it, if the coil holds up well I’d have no problem recommending this guy’s cables! Then got the last 70 Everglide Water Kings ThocKeys had in stock in. TBH I don’t see the hype behind these, mine are grossly overlubed with some super thick grease. Like to the point they feel sluggish stock! I’m sure they’ll be just fine once I ultrasonic clean & properly lube them, but I doubt they’ll be any better than other similar JWK produced switch. Lastly I got another KeebMeUp Plain60 ALPS edition PCB & FR-4 plate cut for Tai-Hao ALPS keycaps in from KMU. No particular plan for it yet, just stocking up on stuff to use with a Salvation!

11 Likes

This would be my mail season! Living vicariously through your great posts is pretty fun tbh.

ICIC. What about the N/S and W/E stem wobble? Do they stack up to Alpacas or Bobas?

1 Like

Didn’t really check them out beyond counting them & trying a few loose TBH. I’ll be taking a closer look at them after I eat dinner here so I’ll definitely report back how the stem wobble is on them vs those switches in a little bit.

1 Like

My first Tofu arrived today.

I needed a reasonably priced case in which to park my latest Alps build and the Buger box I was using has a tendency to short PCBs with all of the extra metal standoffs inside, so I broke down and ordered a Tofu.

It’s Klippe inspired angles are quite attractive.

10 Likes

I thought it was the other way around for an embarrassing amount of time.

The rear bumpons, what typing angle do you think you’re at now?

1 Like

Oh probably 10-12 degrees. I’m weird with angles. I prefer a low angle with with Cherry profile caps, but for taller caps (OEM/SA…) I prefer a higher angle.

The only explanation I can think of is that my desk height is not very ergonomic, it’s too high so my arms go out more than down.

1 Like

Ooo, that makes sense. I’d totally end up doing the same.

At first glance it looked like a wrist breaker for sure, even though I think it actually looks pretty amazing at that angle. Aggressive, but in a minimalist way.