What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Finally got my M65-B from Rama in Iced PC.

It’s a good board. I would have preferred the PC to be more frosted. I might take a scotch pad to it to scuff it up some more one day.

The blocker on the arrows is a bit too tight of tolerance. If you pick the board up and tilt it to the left, the arrow key will rub. HA. Then you just have to tilt it back to the right and slam the keys a bit and all is well. So, just don’t ever tilt it to the left side before you set it down to type. It sounds pretty nice. I have some amber T1s in it at the moment. By the way, those are some pretty damn impressive stock switches.

I feel like there are too many screws in this one. 10 screws just to get the back off. And if you’ve had one of these hotswap RAMAs, you know that you will more than likely want to take the pcb assembly out to swap switches. That’s a lot of hassle for hotswap, unfortunately.

11 Likes

Based on my cursory experiments, I found reverse angles more comfortable, particularly when combined with standing desk. You could sort of do it leaning far back with a tall wrist rest but standing position was better.

1 Like

My “temporary” home office is just not very ergonomic. Now that it’s looking more permanent maybe I’ll order a decent setup.

Got an order in from Prime_KB today!
this will be my first time trying switch films other than the kebo ones, also picked up some durock v2 stabs and the rest of the feet I need for FE.

7 Likes

Got my group buy fulfilled.

15 Likes

A certain Mr. Ron arrived today, finally.

Also got some Geon Artisans for the M6

11 Likes

As well as a HUGE box of keyboard stuff from PCGR.
I guess Im a bit late to the GMMK PRO review club

11 Likes

every post with Ron gets a heart from me. no questions asked.

5 Likes

Sorry I didn’t get back to you last night with some details. So I tested stem & housing wobble with the Water Kings compared to U4 boba 62g, V2 Alpacas, FFFF linears, Lavenders & Dourock POM (black housing clear stem variant). The Water kings do have some very tight tolerances, in fact I’d put them on par with Gazzew Bobas TBH. Which kinda makes sense why they factory lubed them with a tick grease now. The sliders fit super tight on the top housings. They definitely beat all the other switches other than Bobas in stem wobble Their housings fitment is very nice too, even after opening a switch a few times the water kings do not latch together much looser if any looser at all. Definitely could get away without films on these it seems like.

Anyways once I get the stock lube cleaned out of these, lube them they way I like it, then get them in a board I’ll be able to give you guys a better ideal of appraisal of the Water Kings!

1 Like

Huge thanks! I’ve been on the hunt for a linear with tolerances on par with Bobas. I’ve spotted them on one other CONUS shop I’m now lurking around for the restock.

1 Like

They’re on Drop (GB-ish, not in stock)

1 Like

here comes dat boi!

o shit whaddup

15 Likes

Impressions please!

1 Like

2 Likes

Which switch is that?

MOMOKA Frogs - A slow-curve linear with a shrouded stem for stability. Detailed first impressions later tonight! Currently putting them through their paces on my NK65.

Dat_boi

5 Likes

kermit

3 Likes

Here there are!

3 Likes

Got some cheap XDA keycaps from Amazon for my Zlant build.

8 Likes

Came in this week:

Durok V2 stabs
Holtite sockets
U4t switches

8 Likes