What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Got my Cyber SP-Stars. Feels pretty nice by itself but gotta wait for my tofu to try them on a board.

11 Likes

My custom wrist rest from DeskCookies arrived today…

Been searching for a red rest for my GMK Classic Red when they arrive!

Sharing link to DeskCookies Etsy because they deserve some love!

5 Likes

My only set is KAT Eternal. I’m digging the profile so far. I love how it looks and the sculpt, but the smoothness was the hardest part to get used to. The sound profile is different for sure. They can be clacky, but also bassier at the same time. I know Keyreative is experimenting with a double shot PBT process which if done right, could solve the delays and issues with reverse dyesubbing. Honestly if they could create KAT in double shot ABS with the same texture as ABS MT3, I wouldn’t need another profile.

I was thinking the same thing when I was checking out some Mistel cap sets recently. Heard good things, checked out their WoB, it only supports ANSI… :tired_face:

I am kind of still tempted to get it and just use like epbt blanks for the bottom row or something…

1 Like

I really like the Mistel set I’m using on one of my TKLs - except for the space bar, which is juuuust warped enough to make the stabs sluggish. I feel like both companies are really missing out on potential sales by not supporting layouts that are quickly becoming more popular; namely 65% (and vicariously 75%, 96%, etc.).

1 Like

Finally got myself a decent mic for recording sound tests in more proper fashion than using my cell phone! I went with a Tonor TC-2030 I got off Amazon for $72 & change shipped. Pretty blown away with the quality of the hardware you get for the price. It’s plug & play so I don’t need an external PSU, mixer, or anything else to use it which is a huge bonus for me! Did a quick test recording & it sounds very good also, definitely a billion times better than the audio recording my phone does! Look to have a ton of sound tests come in from me soon!

13 Likes

DSA Paperwork arrived a few days ago and I just swapped them onto my MiniVan. I like the look better than the GMK Paperwork, specifically the legends and cursor keys. No more excuses for avoiding the 40% layout. :wink:

13 Likes

Just got my set too, and I love it. If you’re looking to off-load GMK Paperwork, let me know :wink:

$#@! yes! Dude. This is AMAZING. You have some serious unicorns in your collection. Can’t wait. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Moody Moon in Retr0 color way from TKC. Designed by Jake Myler.

8 Likes

:thinking:

8 Likes

Might keep this one stock instead of modding the hell out of it…

16 Likes

Got my first custom in today! Navy Blue Tofu60 with NK Cream switches and EPBT Gray English caps. I haven’t lubed or filmed them yet.
Also got some tools, krytox 205g0 and dieletric grease and durock stabs.

12 Likes

Looks great. Very understated and clean.

3 Likes

Lots of things today!
Asus ROG Strix Scope RX with the RX Red Optical switch, MelGeek 60% PCB and Durock T1s.

These new Asus switches are stable af.

8 Likes

Friend made it for me :smiley:

1 Like

Ooo thsoe new Asus switches look like a significantly less dainty and brittle version of “Romer G” Omron B3K switches.

I used to work at a big box electronic store, and the mounting tabs on those Romer caps would break like dry twigs.

Iffy as that bottom row and font are, hey - at least they appear to be doubleshot! Few things kill a keeb for me more than painted caps that can’t be replaced. If they’re going to be proprietary, at least make them last.

1 Like

Looking good! I love the new navy blue color that they are using now. I hope you enjoy the new board.

Not love at first try. =/
But I’m gonna give them a springswap before I reject them.

10 Likes

Thanks. So far I am, never had 60%. Going to take some time getting used to it.