What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

What is the texture like? I guess from a baseline of ePBT where it’s not PBT MT3 rough nor as slick as artifact bloom. It’s hard to find PBT arts that aren’t silky yet have some grip left.

1 Like

I have never tried the artifact bloom caps so I can’t compare to them, but compared to ePBT & IFK PBT caps they are most similar to the newer ePBT sets I got. Smoother than you’d think for PBT, but still a little grip there. If you are looking for an inbetween of smooth & textured on PBT caps I’d say IFK fits that bill pretty decently. They are definitely a bit rougher than ePBT & Geekark, but not over the top. They almost have a dry feeling to them if that makes any sense. The Geekark ones lean more towards silky than rough IMO.

1 Like

Epbt blank and 68g spirit extreme slow III spring from divinikey arrived today.

• 7u spacebar was a little bit warped. But putting it in boiling water has fixed it.
  • Spirit extreme slow III is around 18 to 19mm long, a bit shorter than many two-stage symmetric springs on the market.
6 Likes

Michael Bay, but Mary Kay

Came with a keyboard of the same color-scheme, but different aesthetic. More on that later…

11 Likes

Do they call the carbuncle on the side a “reactor core”? :joy:

3 Likes

4 Likes

Wonderfully crafted wood and resin case from Fnctl

37 Likes

That is really cool.

1 Like

Saw this on instagram the other day. Pure art. That thing looks insane

2 Likes

New switches for my collection. burgess x5g, e-mark and yusya ms002.

5 Likes

Received some weeb stuff today :blush:

10 Likes

I have a mouse that needs a new switch or two - any favorites to recommend?

i like the ttc gold and ttc silver. they are medium weight and pretty snappy and also have a dustproof version.

1 Like

Clones from Aliexpress. which are doubleshot abs. Colour: Heavy Industry

Summary

1 Like

Clones from Aliexpress. which are doubleshot abs. Colour Jamon

Summary

1 Like

Wow that one actually looks great !

I think and I’m pretty sure it’s not abs. This is pbt. Since it sounds like pbt to the sound. And the roughness is like that of PBT. But the backlight does not shine through. Even red, where a bright color, has no lumen.

I feel like they are ABS. they sound higher pitched than any of my PBT keycap sets which is normally attributed to ABS. i also remember a rough texture being a thing of ABS? but if it really turns out to be PBT that would be amazing.

1 Like

Got a new 980c with gray and white caps instead of black today. Black one is for sale in classifieds if anyone is interested.

11 Likes

I have a GMK, I have a domikey, and MT3 abs. There is also an artifact Blue drop, EPBT PBT, Gikark PBT, all sorts of aliexpress PBT. there is MT3 PBT.

ABS it has such a ringing sound, it is on any profile. also the space has such a sound. and they are all deaf.

This ringing is not here. There is a blank space and alphas. Perhaps it’s not clean, but a mixture of plastic.