What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Do u own a iFixit?

No.

Would you mind measuring how far the bit reaches when inserted into the driver? :blush:

1 Like

Funny, I watched the same video and ordered the same thing. Hopefully it lives up to his recommendation.

Let me check.

@Extra_Fox I actually just noticed why I got a micro-USB model instead of a USB-C one. In his video, he advertised the CS-190A while his link went to the CS1901A. I’m guessing the first was discontinued and the latter is the latest one, which unfortunately has an older USB port.

Yeah, I’m a bit disappointed to hear that for sure. That was definitely a selling point for me.

I think I should have mine sometime this week. Sounds like it’s at the customs hub in my State.

I use this cable to get around that. I let the guy from the video know about this though.

1 Like

Actually a few days ago, but I got 2 sets of V2 Gateron screw in stabs from Divinikey. I went with the black & yellow ones, well cause I’m a sucker for those colors LOL. No plans for them just yet, but I will definitely let you guys know how they do when i get them in a build eventually!

9 Likes

Got GMK Mudbeam in today from Novelkeys. I ended up grabbing the base & extension kit.

11 Likes

seriously considered buying this set but I couldn’t ever find any good photos of it on a board except one on a yolk U80… and it didn’t pair well.

1 Like

I ended up going back to work cause the rain cleared out. Although when i get home I’ll put it on a few boards & post pics for you.

2 Likes

A pretty neat battery bank. It shows charge remaining, estimate time to charge, estimated time til empty, load etc… WAY more useful than the guessing game my old one was.

8 Likes

Blue Hangul set from 21kb.

21kb keysets are comparable CRP and ePBT but I have two issues:

1. Texture - it could be a little smoother.
  2. Sharp Edges - edges are sharper

From left to right: CRP, 21kb stock, 21kb polished, ePBT

My fingers were catching on left and right edges as fingers moved left or right and bottom edges as fingers move up rows. Hitting edges is unavoidable and even ignorable but, with 21kb, edges were sharp enough to be annoying. I used some micro-meshes to smooth out the top surface as well as edges.

14 Likes

Here’s Mudbeam on my Jules for now at least. Had a long day so didn’t have to chance to put it on multiple boards. Will post some more pics tomorrow.

8 Likes

It’s weird to me that I couldn’t find any post of the more colorful versions of NK65’s online, so I was a little unsure about the color. Luckily the board turned out to be pretty nice and I think Novelkeys did a very good job reproducing the color in their product page.

14 Likes

That’s a fun color.

2 Likes

I got the ttc tiger switches (theyre not numbered)

10 Likes

Pretty mixed and random mailday today. Aifei MoDo set. Aifei seems to have worked on their legends, it seems, as those legends are quite a bit better than on my other Aifei sets. Still far from perfect, but nicer than they were before.
Also a black PSD60 case. Always wanted to have one for years and i’ve finally bought one. The finish of it feels quite nice and there are no imperfections. Will have to do a silicone pour later so i can start building it.
Also another DZ60 PCB, some nylon screws to get rid of the last bit of metallic/pinging sound and some HaiMu Zuoce “Holy Panda Linear” switches. Those are surprisingly better than i thought. Not a lot of stem wobble, pretty smooth and they have a nice sound, too. Strange non-symmetrical housing, though.

7 Likes

Kind of a bummer to hear about the sharp edges on your 21kb keycaps. The texture and rounded edges are my favorite features of my CRP. I have a set of 21kb coming in soon as well, so I’ll just have to see for myself.

2 Likes

Something from Ukraine! :ukraine:

I love bonus stickers. Any multilinguals out there who can tell me what the character in blue means?

rar! What a cool laser-cut custom wood box.

@vkeycaps These look amazing.

I’m fairly new to artisans but this seems pretty dope to me.

Hey cool! It even came mounted to a Kialh Choc V2.

12 Likes