What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Thank you! Glad you like it) Usually I am not including switches, but had to do it for this case)

6 Likes

Pretty sure word on the water sticker means… Water

You-Dont-Say

Oh man now I have the perfect tattoo for my lower back!

4 Likes

Alrighty, I checked and it does look to be water.

1 Like

Was lucky to score some Zakus from the last drop. Much thanks to @leemu for the heads up!

5 Likes

FYI, took me ~30min to wet polish 60% keycaps using grit 1800 micro-mesh while watching a movie.

UPDATE: To polish top surface to ePBT level of smoothness, I used grid 6000 then 8000. For even smoother surface, try 16000 12000 after that.

5 Likes

Congrats! I hope you enjoy them!

1 Like

Just got the Mojo 68 in… faster than I expected! I won’t post pictures because someone else has posted the images of what I received, but it’s a nice bit of kit! I have it running on Bluetooth so I’ll see how long the battery life is. It’s definitely an adjustment to get used to not having split backspace.

5 Likes

Thanks for the input! I just ordered a pack of 3x4 micro mesh pads to try out. Im assuming that to wet polish you just use water?

1 Like

Yup, just water. I fill a shallow plastic pan with water, just enough for bottom half of the micro-mesh is submerged. When top surface is too dry, just flip the pad over.

Extra Tip: Only three edges need to be smoothed: left, right, and bottom edges. Top surface should be done separately as it needs two passes, first w/6000 then 8000 or 16000 grit.

2 Likes

I had to pick up some Corsas for my next build, seeing as I love my Techno Violets so much. The red is so vibrant. Maybe I need some Zakus to complete the trio.

6 Likes

I purchased the Feker IK75 to replace the LK67 I literally just got.
What was wrong with the LK67? The mode switch didn’t stay in place, so it ended up killing itself in my bag a lot. I’m sure I could fix it with minimal effort, but I get bored easily lol.

I am most excited to try the new Mute Cotton feature this board has. :rofl:

13 Likes

That board is rather handsome.

Yeah. I like that it came with foam too. Stock stabs were loose, so I tore it apart to replace them and I think I’ll swap in the PC plate. Might also get a brass knob.

11 Likes

Got my Amiga 2000 keyboard today. And just finished cleaning the caps. Don’t know if you can see but I think I’ll need to retro bright the Alphas.

15 Likes

beeeeeuuuutiful. Really. Love em.

1 Like

Id be too worried that I would screw them up, lol. They good great to me… other than the ISO layout :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Ye, now that I have the caps on my keeb it’s hard to see any discoloration so I might hold off on retro bright.

And the caps also have ansi legends so u can use them. :wink:

1 Like

Had to get a few different sets of clip ins since the ones that came in the IK75 and a 2nd set of stabs I had from another board didn’t work with my GMK Modern Dolch 2 caps. These are the ones that ended up fitting. Interesting colorway.

Also got some cheapo caps for my RK68 backup backup board.

11 Likes

Which caps?