What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Nice. Can you shows us more? I think I missed this.

With all the melting power connectors on the 4090 I’d say you made the right call!

5 Likes

IME, both unlubed, all but the most damaged SKCM/L ALPS switches feel much smoother to me than any MX switch. I don’t have much experience with SKFM & SKFL, but the little I do suggests that holds the same with them.

2 Likes

7 Likes

I realize it’s not a purist’s Topre board but it’s the first thing that’s gotten my Frog Mini off my desk since I built it so I think that’s saying something. I still can’t accurately describe the sound but I enjoy it all the same. It’d look lovely with a set of Ursa Minor or Major keycaps, though :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I got some Moondrop tactiles to try out!

9 Likes

It’s a little coffee table book with info about switches.

It’s pretty neat. They’ve made two so far.

14 Likes

Some JWK P3 stems, available on their own thanks to Wuque’s MM Switch line.

5 Likes

beautiful k2 hg finish

18 Likes

That book is BEAUTIFUL!! :heart_eyes:

I have some of those P3 stems as well as the UPE ones on order. Great idea by WS for those who want to really customize their own switches and not have to buy a bunch of switches they don’t want. :+1::+1:

1 Like

That board is so clean it almost looks like a render. :star::star::star::star::star:

“Yellow is one of the most rare Gateron switches” ? Wait, really?

4 Likes

For context, I think that was written around 2017, maybe 2018 - this was before the greater community had caught-on to the buttery budget kings. The books got a subsequent printing more recently, but are still products of an earlier era in this fast-changing hobby landscape.

2 Likes

Not to distress your wallet any further, but the latest round of the custom GB has started. From kit, to keycap color, to ledgend and sub-legend color, there are a lot of choices.

3 Likes

I’m surprised there’s not Hangul option for sublegends. The only reason I ever get sublegends is for looks, and Hangul is the only one that is appealing to me. The new more yellow option for the base beige is kinda neat.

2 Likes

I already know :grimacing:
They told me in an email after I had sent some feedback on their caps and asked if “Irish” will come in red/orange…

It does :sunglasses: :+1:

But I can’t decide which type of blanks I want…

1 Like

There is – it’s about 2/3 of the way down in the select list between “Japanese Hiragana” and “Punjabi”. There are so many options, it’s easy to miss what you’re looking for.

1 Like

I’m thinking about doing a 2551SAW or Desko Greek set on all alpha color caps (I love the light gray tinge to it); not sure about the sub-legend color. The burgundy looks pretty unique (I already have a green Cyrillic and a red Runic sets so I’ll probably go with another color). I’ve been eyeballing a Cadet set for a bit, and I may pick one up while I’m at it.

what is the freeze set about? I dont know those caps. I like the sub-legends on that set but the text on the space bar is not so nice for me.

I made mye decision…

All beige-white Irish as a base, burgundy for the legends and orange for the sub legends.
I assume they will look really nice on my burgundy 65%-case.

4 Likes