What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

nice! here’s mine :slight_smile:

7 Likes

It took me at least 5 minutes to open the tray!

2 Likes

That was some crazy fast shipping

8 Likes

That makes me feel a bit better! I thought I’d encountered the first hermetically sealed keycaps. I just kept twisting the tray until I finally found the seam.

1 Like

Got my dandy set for the Sangeo65

Now for some fun mixing!

18 Likes

Summary

Summary

Summary

8 Likes

WTB GMK Analog dreams :hugs:

9 Likes

Blueby Chifs (unlubed)

Sticker: Browns

Sticker(s): Mute Jades

Sticker: Whisper Silents

11 Likes

Double shot WOB keycaps from Yong-Qiu arrived today.

I’m pretty impressed with the quality, I have yet to purchase a GMK set (will cost me 8 times more) so I can’t compare, in fact this was my first ABS one, but the set feels really high quality, with very minor imperfections.

The biggest downside is the spacebar, no warp, but for some reason it makes the stabilizers really tick, so that’s happening again… can anyone recommend me good latest stabs?

Anyway letters are crisp, the KBD67 Lite EPBT 9009 set I own was as good as it gets from Dye-Sub and this is much sharper, texture is smooth, corners are a bit sharper than usual but not bad especially with the top surface big enough.

I also really like the sound, somewhat marbly and less echo-y compared to PBT, i get why people like GMK.

On my KBD67 Lite.

The Packaging, not great, not bad, first layer has sort of dimples for the keycaps to sit on, the rest are just flat.

Comparison between the set and a reverse dye-sub set I have:

The double shot set

The reverse dye-sub set

More photos of the set and some minor imperfections

Slight sheen on the bottom (darker parts), not visible under normal use.

More of the sheen, only visible from those angles, otherwise looks normal.

Color difference between Double shot and reverse dye-sub, the double short is black while reverse dye-subs tend to have a dark blue hue.

Angle photo.

Side profile.

I would have preffered it had a regular Esc button too but ehh, not really a deal breaker for me.

9 Likes

ok, that Goldblum sticker is perfect

5 Likes

triples makes it safe, triples is best

2 Likes

Jelly Key • Retro TV: Disco Hustle • Error Screen, black

More

I also got a Keychron C2 (budget fullsize hotswap) to serve as a base for a smoker’s workhorse build - time for some shmutz-resistant BOX switches.

10 Likes

22 Likes

Nice, which model is this? It’s very similar to my UK version but some of the keys are labeled differently so I assume it’s a different European country.

1 Like

Got this boi second hand, the Elecom Huge can go now. Just need the modding of button 4/5 and im done. At least trackball endgame done

11 Likes

French.

1 Like

Summary

7 Likes

Cool beans.

Anyone know how the Leobog Browns compare with the Leobog/AULA Matcha Green tactiles that go really cheap on AliExpress?

link please

They are the “Matcha Shaft” tactiles listed on this page:

Unfortunately, they are sold out, but they were going for like $16 for 90 during a summer sale. [Which is probably why they are all gone.]

Seem to be a little heavier than the Browns you posted? I received about 110 some time ago, was about $35 CAD. They felt like “thicker Browns,” although I haven’t really played around with them.

2 Likes