What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Key Kobo’s Violet on Cream keycaps. Really happy with them. Second photo is side by side mods with GMK Serika.

9 Likes

They look good! I have the GMK set and this looks very much the same to me.

2 Likes

I was holding out for DCS VoC, but last I checked, I don’t think they are coming anytime soon.

Got JTK HSA brown on beige and beige on brown. Super glossy and fun. I’ll try them out and take photos later. Been a long day.

4 Likes

How are the homing keys for it? Hard to tell how deep they are from pictures of the profile

1 Like

They’re dished but not a lot. It’s similar to the amount of deep dish on DSA and SA caps.

Here’s a quick color comparison.

Left to right: SA Brown Filco, SA 1976, Maxkey Western, HSA Beige on Brown, SA Chocolatier

This is fairly neutral light. Probably similar to what most people would have indoors.

Here it is in cool natural light

And this is a very bright 4000K light. This one reveals the most color differences

Here’s another color comparison with the beige (shown above on the HSA “T” key). It’s closer to off-white than beige. It appears much brighter and cleaner than U9 from GMK and many ePBT sets.

It’s definitely warmer than WS1 or CP, but also appears much whiter than U9, which feels dull and gray in comparison. Again, it’s more of a warm white than beige.

They are super glossy. Don’t be fooled by the color comparison photos. I had to get the right angle to not show the gloss finish

7 Likes

That is a really nice looking set.

The pièce de résistance:

Also. Word of caution. The kit doesn’t match what was ordered. I have a feeling this is why Novelkeys is not selling.

This image shows the keys that are missing. I think this is all of them, but I might need to triple check:

I’ll contact mykeyboard, but I’m highly doubtful they’ll ship the keys. I don’t even know if they exist.

14 Likes

Man, that Command65 is killer! BoB looks fantastic on it.

I was feeling waffly on the price until I realized 99 GBP is for two full keysets, not just one. welp

1 Like

I got some really good stuff, kkb glaicer and voc, pbtfans umbra (base, og mods and hiragana kits) plus the fruit candy you get when you order from switch oddities. He sent me the name of the brand and i bought a box lol

6 Likes

Fwiw on the BoW/WoB set NK_ received the extra keycaps and shipped them in May. My understanding was that Omni and the other BoB vendors were waiting for the extra caps before they shipped at all. Weird that they weren’t included.

2 Likes

I read on their discord that Mykeyboard have have yet to get the extra HSA keycaps, I don’t know how they will handle it for the extra base kits they sold

1 Like

Thanks, @mwb, and @normano for the info. So maybe there is hope that MKB will follow up and send the caps sometime down the road.

They are quite nice to type on. I love the slippery texture, personally. And the sculpt is very well done. Generally, when I test out a profile, I’ll pull up a 250 word excerpt on typings.gg

I usually try my best to have good posture and keep my hands just slightly elevated. This does feel good on HSA, but what feels even better than most profiles that I’ve ever typed on… is having my palms resting on the wrist rest while typing. The curvature of the caps seems well suited to this style of typing.

It’s probably the most natural feeling profile I’ve ever tried. I’m sure this is a personal preference thing, since everyone has differently shaped fingers and typing habits. But it feels tailor-made for my fingers.

3 Likes

Summary

3 Likes

Gigachad: Brought to you by two actual Gigachads.

8 Likes

Finally got the last frame and mounted these prints from KiwiKeebs:

10 Likes

I’m surprised these are already in stock and shipping! Maybe it’s just me procrastinating but it feels like NovelKeys just sent out the preorder email about them. I do have WoB though and the trays are really nice. They remind me of the old GMK trays.

1 Like

I actually really liked the size of the key kobo trays. Really nice. I just recently went through getting rid of of my old GMK trays cause while nice, they took up too much room. I think if they were a little more like the Key Kobo ones, I would have hung on to them.

Big shout-out to @BoyU of KBDcraft who diligently keeps sending me samples of his cool LEGO-compatible keyboard projects, this time Addams, a hotswappable and gasket mounted numpad. It’s a fun build as I expected, what’s more, you can combine it with the original 60% Adams kit, the palm rest upgrade, and whatever LEGO you have at home. Related post: Addams by KBDcraft

10 Likes

Do I need a Lego 10-key to go with my Adam? No.
Do I want one?
yes.

5 Likes