What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Yeah the switches ain’t good

Im pretty exited for when mine arrives. I got choc reds so im curious if that makes a differece. Im dreading the thought of opening that board for lubing and reassembling though

Really nice set, what’ its name ?

DSA Magical Girl finally arrived! Forgot how many kits I ordered though.

4 Likes

Could you tell us how they feel?
I was thinking of buying some.

Here you go.

Oh, thank you!
Looks like it will ne a good alternative to inks just lubed.

1 Like

What’s the closest color match that you can eyeball between DSA Magical Girl’s white and PMK’s color codes?

Lemme take a glance and I will let you know. I will say it’s a lot softer than I expected but it helps compliment the pastel colors.

I would say take this with some caution but I’d say it is somewhat close to WFK, although I also feel like it isnt far off from WFJ either. White colors are typically my weakness when it comes to color matching.

Finally got the Morgrie RIE 60!

6 Likes

Dang that looks slick. But how does it feel to type on?

I just got mine the other day, and while it looks awesome, it feels terrible. I don’t like the keycaps at all, it’s hard to find where your fingers should sit in general, but the bars on the homing keys are almost non-existent, and the switches feel like crap (I made the sad mistake of getting brown, but the red in the tester isn’t much better). The case and finish and build are nice though.

1 Like

Yeah I’d mostly have to agree with dwarflemur’s assesment. I also got browns and they’re pretty weak tactility wise. There’s seems to be a lot of pinging because of the metal case. However the stabs actually feel lubed and pretty smooth. Build quality is great. I’m probably going to try and replace the springs to get some actual tactility into the switch.

That’s such a shame, it looks so good!
Fingers crossed a spring mod is all in needs!

big time, the case seems thick enough that regular switches would have been fine and instead it’s just hollow in the empty space

Got mine just now but with red switches . It also came with a little switch tester and at least compared to that one brown the reds feel much better - still quite scratchy.
Yet i dont think i will go through the trouble of opening it up lubing all switches and reassembling.

I think of it as a good laptop keyboard to-go for my phone and tablet without any kable issues that allows me to leave my favourite boards at home.
However im a bit bummed that the shape is not the same as the renders. Its a bit thicker which messes with the proportions and the sides are not as rounded but rather squared of.

[Not pictured]: Silent Inks and a Cherry profile black-on-slate PBT keyset; both destined for the Durgod Hades 68 that I coffee’d a while back. Mistakes are really just opportunities in disguise, right?

2 Likes

HBCP!

13 Likes

no eat

1 Like