What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Yep pretty much this. Put them in a macropad and immediately disliked them. The double bump when pressing slow is weird to me and when pressing at regular speed it just feels like a scratchier bump.

But they sold in 10 minutes and they’re at the post office already. Hopefully someone else can enjoy them!

4 Likes

Akko 3108 v2 fullsize with house-brand blues for my sister. This is her first “real” keeb - she wanted something pink and clicky, so this seemed like a pretty solid pick. Now just waiting on the matching mouse!

5 Likes

Sansa is not amused…

9 Likes

Got a rev1 preonic and flat caps to make it into a 4 octave midi keyboard. Now to get QMK midi to work (any tips or configs to share?)

6 Likes

Got some Zilent v2 67g’s to compare to the Outemu U4 Silent Tactile’s I got last week. I think I actually prefer the Outemu switches over these. The Zilents definitely have a more noticeable bump to them, and have a nice return pop, but they are slightly louder, and the Outemu’s just feel softer/mushier, which I like. I think I am going to try and make my Discipline65 hotswap and try these both out on a full board before I make up my mind.

3 Likes

That’s been my experience with the Outemu silents so far as well. If you’re okay with a softer feel, they’re about as quiet as you can possibly get right now.

I’ll quickly note that spring weight has a massive impact on how snappy a bump feels; the difference between a 52g and a 60g spring with the Outemu silent tactile stems I have is significant. With the 52g, the switches felt… untrustworthy - as if the spring struggled to overcome the bump on the way back up. They felt like pure mush. Swapped in some 60g… snappy AF. :+1:

My U4’s haven’t arrived yet, but I’ve been using some V2’s (2.2’s?) for about a year now - typing on them now actually. Whenever someone mentions they want a more quiet keyboard, I now ask them, “How quiet?” - followed-up with a few questions about preferred typing feel. For me personally, Gateron Silent Inks strike a pretty great balance between crisp feel and less sound - but they’re practically machine-guns compared to lubed linear silent Outemus.

The silent market is probably the most rapidly-evolving sector of the overall keeb market and better stuff comes out every couple months it seems like - but at least for now, those Outemus are the most quiet switches by a wide margin - especially the linear version. My co-workers’ butterfly switch Apple things are significantly more audible.

There’s some more detailed discussion and a few close-up comparison photos about Outemu silents vs some others here if you’re interested.

1 Like

Today a small package, but important: the /dev/tty ortho kit (I had almost all of the other kits, so this expands the compatibility a great deal)

I do wish /dev/tty had Triumph colored ortho modifiers though.

2 Likes

Sanctuary Rebirth PBT from Infinikey.

Not bad. The reverse all over dye-sub on the alphas actually makes for fairly crisp legends (but not doubleshot crisp). Not sure if I like the smoothness of the keycaps, makes it feel kinda cheap-ish.

9 Likes

these photos, my man. Lord, you are killing it. That combo looks so cool.

Any chance you could take some macro shots comparing the legends to a double shot cap like GMK and another dyesub legend like ePBT? Maybe some other shots where the cap is angled with a light shining on the surface as well so we can see the texture (compared to the other keycaps as well). Sorry, this is a tall order, lol. If you’re up to the task it would give us some great insight into Infinikey’s current capabilities.

1 Like

If Ninjapirate can’t I can do this tomorrow when my set shows up bud!

3 Likes

I’ll try and get a few shots done today or tmrw.

3 Likes

Higher res: https://photos.app.goo.gl/UoV5Bro22hD6Gao77

i don’t have a good macro lens so hard to get close up shots…

Edit: But here are some crappy macros using a tube extender.

7 Likes

wow, that reverse dye sub is impressive to me. I’ve seen double shot caps that have similar bleed from plastics mixing on the thin serfis. Very nice, indeed.

3 Likes

Stocking up on my basics.

3 Likes

Thank you for the pics, I really appreciate the effort. They aren’t perfect up close, but they look great for reverse dyesub (or dyesub even). The keycaps themselves don’t look desaturated either which is a major pet peeve of min.

1 Like

This is very impressive for reverse dye sub. Awesome reference photo, thank you for posting this.

1 Like

I had quite the mail day today, two very different (but both super rad) boards that showed up on the same day.

10 Likes

is that a modern m0110 or the drop clone?

It’s a modern m0110. Seems some have been trickling out over the last few weeks.