What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

I got my IBM Model M5-2 today. It’s been a long while since I last typed on one of these bad boys, and the trackball works great too!

10 Likes

Got this a few days ago, but ePBT Gray Japanese is :ok_hand:

13 Likes

Yep. Everything but that flimsy pbt sb :thinking:

New deskpad :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I like that so much :blush:

:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

Now I just need to put some time aside to properly lube some switches and get it built up.

16 Likes

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: Very nice! Can’t wait to the finished build!

3 Likes

$#@! yeah! My first artisan, and it’s going to be epic. Thanks buddy.

1 Like

Time for a different type of build :eyes:

13 Likes

HAKKO FR-301

It may actually be @Manofinterests’s birthday, but this early delivery makes it feel like mine, too. :partying_face:

19 Likes

This shipped so fast from KBDFans.

14 Likes

Eniigma Infinitum came in today. I’ll be assembling it later in December while on holiday.

13 Likes

Engineer SS-02 to supplement the FR-301

8 Likes

But noooo I wanted to live vicariously through you where solder suckers were never needed…

The engineer solder sucker is great though it just seems like driving a civic when you have a Corvette.

1 Like

just like you wouldn’t use a jackhammer to make a screw hole in your deck, the giant sucker isn’t always the right tool for the job. If you have parts that are not through hole the electric sucker is too big. Although that being said I would take solder wick over one of those little hand suckers any day.

3 Likes

Got a few things in from prime kb today! was so hyped when I saw the backlit rgb pcb on their instagram a bit ago, so I snagged one of those and some silent alpacas and chucked em in the polycarb prime elise!

I threw some deskeys films in these silent alpacas as well as some 55g sprit springs lubed with krytox 104, I’ve got to say these are bringing me back around to linears, I’ve realized basically any good silent switch will do the trick for me, I just cant get over them plocks!

12 Likes

Noxary XRF in Meteorite Gray.

23 Likes

My white Vega came today! So I build it, has some stock creams with a PC plate. Will be my new break in board :smiley:

10 Likes

Late to this, but I recently modded my Blueberries with the following springs:

• ~63.5g Gat Yellow slow springs
  • TX 16mm 62g springs

I did lube the legs to avoid issues with return. YMMV but glad to share more about my experiments!

2 Likes

Oh wow, so cool to see one of those in the wild. Please post a photo once it’s built and congratulations picking one of those up.

1 Like