What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Kyria components are trickling in piece by piece. Elite-cs, u4 silents, Kat alpha

12 Likes

Not exactly in the mail but I got a new mailbox :mailbox:

27 Likes

A long time coming from the proxy, but a pair of fairly unique vintage Cherry switches. The one on the left is an Aristotle Yellow with different mold depth and size than my one that I currently own, alongside a darker stem color. The one on the right is an unusually vibrant Vintage MX Pale Green.

19 Likes

Very cool pickups! The history of Cherry MX switches is definitely an interesting & much deeper rabbit hole than most assume I think.

4 Likes

Truee. I came across this fascinating write-up a while back:

5 Likes

I’m glad to hear this comparison that you have between Topre Silent and Boba U4! It was something I was deliberating

1 Like

never even heard of these. pretty cool

Got a few things in the mail this past week:

Gateron Silver Blizzard
Initial impression: fairly big, slightly rounded bump at the top of the press. On the higher end of Gateron switch pitches, and fairly loud, but no spring ping or scratchiness in the stem/leaf interaction. Honestly kinda nice!

Kinetic Labs Salmon Tactile
Initial impression: seems pretty much in line with the other recent Tecsee tactiles other than the long spring (which is a nice change imo), but perhaps a bit higher in pitch?

11 Likes

Big mail day for me! I got two shipping notifications for fairly old GBs last week and they both showed up today. First off, a gorgeous keycap from Jelly Key that I had completely forgotten about:

And then GMK Hero finally showed up! It ended up being a 15 month GB (about the same as GMK’s current estimates) and I’m glad it finally showed up, even if the box is a bit damaged.

The renders made the modifiers look like a great match for black-and-brass boards and they really got that look nearly perfect despite not specifically saying they were going for it.

19 Likes

Good Morning,

my second hand bleached /dev/tty MT3 arrived today. :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

musubi. keycaps

11 Likes

Tell me more

I put them on my 45-ATS

4 Likes

GMK Hero w/novelties!

It is an intense green will take a few days to adjust to.

I was a bit worried by @Laughmaster’s box condition. Luckily mine showed up in one piece and both spacebars are straight.

8 Likes

i haven’t gotten shipping for mine yet. cannot wait to see it

1 Like

Small delivery today.

• Choc V2 Switches
  • New Keycaps

10 Likes

New mouse.

12 Likes

Boba Black U4T
You know 'em, you love 'em, from the fantastic @davisthegreat and @hbheroinbob these are the beautiful black variant of the Boba U4T

12 Likes

Sorry, I ordered from Kono extras a long while back. Hope you get yours soon!

what caps are these? belafonte?