What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Was this from the R4 Chinese GB? It looks great. Forgive me for overanalyzing your statement, but does “pretty happy” mean there is a lot of room for improvement, or are you satisfied?

pretty happy means I like it a lot, you’re just overanalyzing it :smiley:

Okay, nice – I’m glad to hear it. I bought a few sets in the NA GB that should deliver sometime early next year (got the red cyrillic alphas kit too). Looking forward to them.

Sangeo60. Plan to build it up first thing tomorrow.

12 Likes

Beautiful! Please let us know what your impressions are once you get a chance to use it a bit.

So, I caved in and built it today. Ha. Couldn’t resist, since I spent all day lubing switches for it’s arrival. Very nice kit. Love the angles on it and how easy it makes the board to pick up. The weight is beautiful, and gives a nice heft to the small board.

A post with more info here: Sangeo 60 (a short review)

13 Likes

0.5kg of Krytox.
It’s nothing fancy compared to all yo fancy cases but definitely an essential for this hobby.

14 Likes

Eleven days after ordering my BM40 arrived today. Now, who will hold me accountable for desoldering the ALPS from the AEKII and getting them onto the Planck? :laughing:

7 Likes

Bunch of Zorro Reds. sadly not the black housing variant, but i’ll try and get them some day. Still not bad for what they are. Not as scratchy as i thought i remembered, and average tolerances and wobble i’d say, not bad but not great either.
Update : put them all in a BM65 and they sound and feel surprisingly good. A bit of spring ping but that’s about it.

6 Likes

MBK Legend Glow

For some reason the “+”, “-” and “Ins” keys are missing, otherwise great.

I’m going to be using them while waiting for the MBK Legend groupbuy to finish.

9 Likes

This one arrived today, too. The proper cleanup took a while, but here it is…

26 Likes

A Cherry G80-0662? What a beautiful keyboard! How do the switches feel now that they are clean?

2 Likes

Thank you, beautiful indeed. So simple and elegant. And such nice spherical caps with a flat top edge.

I wasn’t brave enough to clean the switches inside out. The Cherry M8 are linear with a noticeable shorter travel than MX. The closest I can compare them to what switches I have around are Cherry MX Black, yet they require a little more force.

3 Likes

I got my TTC Wild switches in!

I guess it’s finally time to desolder my southpaw fullsize and build it a little better this time. Or, it would be if Novelkeys hadn’t only sent half of the switches I ordered. :upside_down_face: Hopefully I’ll be able to get the second batch of 70 and wrap this up before the SC meetup on the 28th.

Edit to add: They got back to me with a new tracking number in less than 5 minutes. I knew I could count on Mike :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

9 Likes

Nice. Got mine too. Smooth and snappy.

These are the 55g option. If you remember, they feature the trendy double-action long springs in them (coil in the middle). I wasn’t sure how to judge the weight on them, but these are certainly on the heavier side. I tried them in a stem to stem push contest against Cherry black and Gateron black ink. They’re heavier at the top by a mile, and still slightly heavier at the bottom. So if you like anything in the 55-60g switch range, I would definitely go with the 42g variant (cream top with green stem).

Pretty clacky. Respond well to 205g0. I lubed the housing tops, bottoms and rails and they sound 100% better to me. I think I’ll hold off until the extras are available and pick up the lighter version. That way I can mix the sets for cream stems in cream tops and green stems in green tops too :slight_smile:

And yes, you certainly can spring swap to other traditional springs. I tried some 60g springs and they felt very light and smooth.

7 Likes

Bluish White springs would be a good fit perhaps?

Yes, for sure. I don’t own any, but the lighter version would be more up my alley. The closest thing I’ve found in a push test stem to stem to match these is a 67g long TX spring. They don’t follow the exact force curve but they match up at the top and the bottom of the press fairly closely. These are nice switches. If this is the TTC experience, I’m sold. I do wish they weren’t so loud, but you can’t have everything I guess.

Got some momoka :frog: and a bunch of long springs today :drooling_face:

10 Likes

Mechbox is where I ordered them from.

As far as a report goes for the 850g springs, I tried it in some NK Creams, Purple Pandas and a few other miscellaneous switches. Linears feel smooth as butter during that actual travel, but Tactiles lose any semblance of tactility. I will eventually get around to making a meme board with them but for now they are too powerful and scary to mess with.

1 Like

68g U4Ts and IFK Portico BOW for my upcoming mercutio build.
The legending on the keycaps is really crapy but I guess you get what you pay for…

5 Likes