What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

They do, as far as i know? I’m not 100% sure, but i think those black housing switches and also the 24K series orange housing switches were full nylon?

3 Likes

I am a bit confused about this. From what I read, Frogs and TTC Wild are made with the same materials:

• Stem-POM
  • Top housing-PC
  • Bottom housing - PA66(Nylon)

So I don’t understand why they have different push and bottom out feel

1 Like

I think it’s the physical design of the housing and stem. I don’t know if it’s a taper causing friction, different surface-area for the bottom-out, a different blend of similar plastics, or something else - but for looking so similar late model TTC linears and Frogs couldn’t be more different.

While it does seem TTC has left behind softer plastics for now, some of their housings feature a silicone plug in the center tube. That’s how their silents work - top of the stem has a pad but the bottom one is in the housing - and they also sell one or two that don’t have the padded stems, so only the bottom-out is softened.

2 Likes

Welp, I guess that settles that. They do sound quite nice, especially for stock! Thanks for posting the sound clip!

WHAT?! I need all of those shirts! Where’d they come from?

1 Like
1 Like

Bolsa’s FR goodness. Top-shelf.

7 Likes

$1.60 per switch; 35 switches x $1.60 = $56 per pack.

Dang. I can’t afford to even find out.

4 Likes

I know very little about Tecsee switches. Are these worth the money?

1 Like

Idk. No complaints with their Porcelain Blues, but these are mucho expensive.

1 Like

Thanks!

Wew lawd, that’s pricy.

I guess they’re coated not too unlike a plastic car badge… I wonder if it stands to serve any purpose outside of aesthetic novelty.

3 Likes

I got my first lube station today! I also got a set of pbt camping (until a sell pops up on mm or r3 launches). Now just waiting for switche, desk mat, and the coiled cable equipment :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Got into linear for almost a month now and I still don’t really appreciate smoothness, so I decided to get these just to see if that is still the case.

Edit: they are really smooth. Smoother than the other switches I lubed. lol. If they are already this smooth, should I still lube them?

8 Likes

Mmm… tasty!

12 Likes

Very! I have some Purple Pandas coming tomorrow so I’d be curious how these two compare given the stem material difference.

1 Like

Some custom modded KSC75s.

And some more U4T Bobas that are on their way to @Deadeye for perfecting.

14 Likes

Yesterday, not today but finally got my set of GMK LUX & the spacebar kit for it in! Loving the colors, this set is basically GMK Pittsburgh to this yinzer, LOL!

Edit:

Love it when a plan comes together! LUX looks great on Ouro!

17 Likes

Oh, a GMK set … how late?

2 Likes

It was pretty late from it’s original estimated shipping date IIRC. Although TBH with GMK sets nowadays I just buy the ones I like then forget about them till they show up.

1 Like