What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

I also got mine yesterday, 66 with gat pro browns and I must admit I’m a little bit surprised as well as confused by the switches. I think I kinda like them???

Tan it, oil it, wax it.

Been wanting a foldable kayak for awhile now…

12 Likes

Actually, thats kind of my reaction too. Never expected that.

Hell yeah, Wilds are a great switch. I hope you like the Ginkgo, I was very pleased with mine. It’s nice and soft without feeling mushy or overly bouncy (I’m not a fan of either extreme). Do the green switches match the case by chance?

I’m loving it! I really quite like the Wild switches, but I also got some Boba LT and I like them just a little bit more…but it’s really the just a tiny difference :wink:

here is the update First keyboard build - updates ;) - #5 by kb123

I have the Ginkgo in e-white, so not sure about matching the green case.

Which one did you get?

that is beautiful!

1 Like

I’m glad that you like it. I took a peek at the build post and it looks great. I got the e-white version as well. Right now it has SP Star Magic Girl switches with 62g TX long springs. I haven’t tried any foam yet so I would be interested in your findings should you experiment a bit (referencing your build post).

1 Like

nice! I don’t know those switches, will check them out.

I’ve put all the foam in there :wink: I like it, but I get it’s not everyone cup of tea…I’ll record some sound tests and and then start taking it apart again removing the foam, and changing the plate and putting the foam back in…but I’m guessing that’ll take a bit of time :slight_smile:

but man, I love typing on it! Even with two different switches installed :stuck_out_tongue: makes me want to work :scream:

1 Like

It’s a very interesting green. It’s a middle ground between hunter green and OD green. I’m working today to find the perfect keycap set for it. I’ll post photos at some point :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Rimuru reincarnated as a keycap! Two of my hobbies combined, love it. I definitely want to plan a build it. Blue PC or acrylic maybe?

6 Likes

Today was an epic mail day.

1. Realforce 104UK
  2. KBD Fans Commander hipro caps
  3. BNIB Realforce 87u

11 Likes

I’m really going to have to try Topre one day… All these keebs are making me curious about what it feels like.

2 Likes

I recommend it, I used to be a huge MX linear fan and now I only have topre boards lol. If you have any questions feel free to PM me

1 Like

21 Likes

I’ll take the 87U, thank you :grinning:

2 Likes

Don’t — it might ruin MX for you. :grinning:

2 Likes

Another random set of springs. Not much info about them other than they are 50g but they seem to be quite decent so far.
Also a set of gateron phantom reds. I’ve always been curious about them because nobody really seems to be using them or talking about them or anything. So far they seem to be really smooth and have very minimal stem wobble. The sound is kind of similar to KS-9 gaterons but with a little deeper tone.

7 Likes

Some more Switch Oddities and some budget-build supplies.

A buddy’s WFH partner needs a quiet pink keyboard oh the cheap to replace another that’s on the fritz. The X77 doesn’t come in pink, so it’s time to get crafty TaeKeyboards style!

As for switches, I’ll be porting those over from the other keeb - some silents made from leftovers. Gat silent brown stems in Outemu housings.

The old keeb still functions, but its backlighting has spazzed-out. Given the time of year I feel ESD is a likely culprit - but it could just be a cheap PCB, being a Redragon board. I went with a CIY to replace it for a couple reasons - mostly because I’ve not had one die on me yet, but also because this model has ESD protection where the Redragon did not.

Also, partner loves RGB and works in low light - so pudding caps seemed like a natural choice.

Edit: maybe a mistranslation; not metal. Plastic but paintable.

7 Likes