What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Gotta go with a nice green set for those Panthor vibes…

4 Likes

what about skeletor with green accents??

That reminds me… someone needs to redo skeletor with some nice novelties and make the alphas more blue than cyan to match the original figure better.

4 Likes

Good call!!

5 Likes

Gonna be putting GMk Mictlan on it when it arrives later this quarter!

3 Likes

GMK Zooted and GMK Dracula V2

2 Likes

Klassiker

I added some comparison photos of Klassiker in my beige keycap comparison post

13 Likes

A set of JWK FFF switches from the R5 surprise switch pack from Mykeyboard.eu. Not stoked about yet another JWK set, i’m quite over JWK by now, but it could have been worse, i guess. Maybe the parts can be salvaged for some kind of Frankenswitch. I still have a 100 set of feker matcha stems from a random listing that sold them separately. long pole linears from meirun/aflion. maybe those would work.

4 Likes

Today I got 108 Kailh Box Royals. They’re going in my NCR-80 and I’m very excited about it.

2 Likes

Navi10

May Pad

8 Likes

Geon Sliders via KeepsForAll:

As expected, Lavender’s flattened long-pole bottom sounds louder & sharper than Baby Blue. Loss of mere 0.25mm in key travel is surprisingly noticeable. I think I can get used to 13.55mm if I use switch housings with seemingly deeper bottom, like NK Cream and Cherry Black.

Snow was nice too and having an extra packet of Baby Blue feels good.

I liked Lavender enough to get one or two extras. Long-pole linear stems are more readily available.

I currently have two tactile boards in the rotation, one using Baby Blue stem and another using Halo stems. While I’ve gotten pretty familiar with how long springs and tactile bumps interact, I’m still lacking usable understanding of effects of contact leaf design relative to the bump beyond leaf thickness.

Still a linear fan but these pair of tactile boards in the rotations are turning out to be scene stealers.

6 Likes

Exciting mailday for me today.
Mostly because of these : LCDragon (made by LCET, and i have the suspicion that they are the same, with LCDragon being the sub-brand) long pole linears with, what i suspect to be, full POM housing and stem. The packaging and the listings only list POM as the “shaft core” material, but the housing has that silky smooth slippery feeling in my hands that is typical for POM, so i’m just going with it based off of just that. Very stable stem, there is very little wobble except for a little side-to-side wobble. they are very smooth and the factory lubing on them, with what i assume is some kind of 205g0-analog, is very generous. Very unique sound, too. i assume because of the very different housing structure, with the rails being attached to the top housing and such.
Also Feker white marble v2 switches. Not much to say about them, i guess. The housings are basically the same. the only differences are the springs and the shape of the stems going from dustproof to non-dustproof.

5 Likes

The TX AP are so good. From my experience, you can just brush Krytox in the housings for most of them and brush a thin amount on the wire ends and bend if one is still rattly here or there. No dielectric or other filling needed.

Also, your Foundations look wonderful, and I want one.

3 Likes

B-stock W1-AT in Dark Olive

7 Likes

@pixelpusher I would love to see a profile line up. Thanks!

One of the cheap “Pyga” sets from AliExpress arrived today.

Surface texture is smooth, a little bit creamy, not entirely smooth. It’s actually pretty decent.

This is the “cyan” colourway you see advertised on some of the retailers there. It’s actually more of a transparent smoky charcoal. Only the legends are clearly Cyan.

It’s actually a little tricky to photograph. Despite the charcoal outer layer, there is of course an entire cyan inner-layer. In certain lighting, a faint undertone of cyan shines through. One could exaggerate the lighting to produce an exaggerated cyan effect in these keycaps, and some retailers do in their photos. [Maybe they should release a reverse of this or something.]

4 Likes

Pretty interesting. How thick are they?

1 Like

I don’t have those calipers that seem to be mandatory on this forum! But I will take a photograph of the underside beside a GMK keycap.

GSA Retro - High Light

Very unique set!

IRL, I would call these colors burgundy, very dark navy, hunter green, light beige, and dark beige.

The key caps are very glossy and approximately 1.3mm thick

After 5-6 typing test, I would say that the sculpt is very comfortable and familiar. No row stands out as feeling unnatural to me. The dish feels smaller. It doesn’t look that different to me, but if feels noticeably smaller. Perhaps similar in size to DSA dish?

Sound is more clack than thock. So, accentuates the higher end of the sound frequency. But it’s not like DSA that can sometimes make the switch sound bad. I think most people would say they prefer a deeper sounding keypress, but sometimes a thick and tall keycap can make a switch feel and sound quite dull. These won’t!

The sculpt is much lower than SA

And is similar in height and sculpt to MT3

And it’s in the same realm as AFSA sculpt

There are quite a few options for caps to accent this set. One thing to note is that the 7u is dark navy/black, and the 6.25u is green. I was planning to use the green, so I might need to try another keyboard.

19 Likes

What a unique set. Let us know what the typing experience is.

Side note, my absolute dream keycap set would be something like DCS 9009… but make it glossy. I am a shine enjoyer.

3 Likes

wait the fact its lower makes me glad. damn. wonder if still any extras

1 Like