What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Fountain pen case:

5 Likes

New camera! (On the left)
Canon XC10

6 Likes

Whew, that’s an expensive boi there, nice! :sunglasses:

Just wondering why the XC10 over say something like the BMPC 4k?

Got it for a really good used price, and at the moment the BMPCC4K is out of stock practically everywhere with a 1-3 month wait depending on the vendor (unless you go the ebay route and shell out $2k :frowning: ).

Also the XC10 has continual AF with face tracking which makes recording A roll a lot easier than the Black Magic. The Black Magic would be absolutely great though for keyboard B roll, some meetup shots, and much more. The XC10 is a bit more friendlier as a run and gun style setup. I do plan on getting the BMPCC4k in the future though!

1 Like

Epbt Grayscale Accent Kits & ISO Enter Kit.
(My base & international kit will arrive later)

6 Likes

what do you primarily shoot? I was so interested in the bmpcc4k when it was announced having really good rolling shutter for a CMOS sensor but now rumors of the new a7sIII having a global shutter is making me think i’ll end up dishing out 3k just to add to my a7 “collection”

At the moment I’m primarily shooting for my youtube channel, so keyboard reviews, keyboard news, the occasional interview, keyboard science, and mostly just keyboard related stuff hehe. I do plan on traveling to some meetups this year to shoot some footage so that should be fun.

The new A7 does look nice, but far too out of my budget; I’ll make a new thread in #community in case others want to join in the conversation!

FC660C with Light BKE domes + hasu
Cypher with poly plate
Carbon fiber ANSI 60% plate

7 Likes

Some XDA Godspeed

2 Likes

PBT Heavy Industry from RAMA!

10 Likes

Christo-Lubes from NovelKeys.

Glass jar is very nice but it’s way too heavy. I don’t think it justifies the extra shipping cost.

3 Likes

Nice, let us know how you like the Christo lubes! I ended up caving & grabbing a jar of the MCG-129 with some stabilizers I ordered since I’m low on thicker greases right now. I wanted the MCG112, but Mike’s out of it already!

1 Like

I’m also curious how these all compare to tribosys and krytox so if you have any to compare with I’d love to hear it.

2 Likes

112 seemed to have the best results for me. I tried 111 112 and 129. Plan to do a full board tomorrow. I also ordered some Krytox 106 but it was strangely missing from my package.

1 Like
2 Likes

I’m not sure if you didn’t see my reply about the weights on reddit, but we had an initial error with the weight listing, and since has been corrected. These can be ordered with First Class now.

3 Likes

Awesome. Thx!

Finally got all of the pieces for this together after borking my original Majestouch 2 TKL when removing the plastic case. The golden case is an aluminum one from YMDK on Aliexpress, and converts it to a removable cable, which I very much appreciate. More photos here.

12 Likes

Got 2 GMK screw in 7u spacebar stabilizers & a tub of Christo-Lube MCG129 from NovelKeys. I do gotta say these containers Mike is using for lube are awesome! They are nice enough to keep & reuse IMHO. Gonna lube a few loose switches with the MCG129 later on, I’ll be sure to report back about how it goes! :metal:

Edit: I put up a mini review of the Christo-Lube MCG129 on this thread if anyone is interested.

5 Likes