What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Ha, indeed - I enjoy my collection but this would be a pretty expensive and inefficient way for someone to find a suitable keyboard.

Beyond just making my wall more interesting, my plan for this collection is to make an information database - the idea being to assist in finding one’s favorite switch early on, hopefully making it a little easier. (If I’d come across Silent Bluish Whites a few years earlier, my collection would probably be a lot smaller, lol - but I’m in it for its own fun at this point.)

7 Likes

Trying the Cherry MX [Edit: Hyperglide] switches for the first time

11 Likes

Third time was a charm LOL! FInally got my Salvation back from NK & they used a bunch of packing paper to protect the board from the pouch zipper which worked out good. So happy to have a proper A stock board! Also excited to finally be using it! I threw my super flexy tray mount setup in it (HADflex60 PCB, FR4 half plate, L+F Pewters, lubed Durock V1 stabs) & it’s actually a really nice fit for it. I was a little worried it would be too much flex, but the Salvation allows more for bounce so it works out. Definitely a very nice typing experience on it!

12 Likes

Nice to see that Git logo!
Are you going to define a layer for git macros?

1 Like

No, I am not a coder so I wouldn’t even know what to do with those macros. Used the GIT logo more in the spirit of the set since it’s what it’s based off of.

I got a lot of stuff lately, but one thing was KTT Kang whites v3.

Meh, they’re ok. Nothing exceptional, nothing terrible.

3 Likes

The missing Domikey SA number 9 keycap!

5 Likes

Well, with a keyboard like that you should definitely learn Git; even if you are not a coder.

It is very useful to keep track of different versions and backups of plain text files over different computers or to collaborate with others on the same text. I use Git and Hg Mercurial all the time. It saved my sorry ass more than once!

1 Like

Huh that is something I could use in my day to day actually! As I do find myself chasing blueprints, estimates, customer notes, etc. on different PCs, phones, tablets, etc. & have been saying I’d like a way to make that less of a messy experience. Only problem there, to do that I’d have buy a few laptop or tablets to let who I have working with me use. I definitely don’t want to have access to other people’s personal devices (even if it’s just access to a certain app or something for sharing info), in case they get compromised. I bookmarked the links you put up & gonna look more into it for sure. Because eventually I will need to setup a network me & all my workers can access for work related stuff. I’m not quite there yet, but me & my buddy who have been doing jobs together for years have been talking about biting the bullet, getting all the paperwork together to form an LLC, then hiring some employees.

You and your buddy…

3 Likes

That’s not how Git works, the data is normally in the cloud but the versions are all managed automatically for you. Other stuff too.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I was thinking is that GIT can help me get around that. I’ve used a few payroll apps with companies I’ve worked for before that I really didn’t like security wise is why I said that.

Stems and springs from the NovelKeys variant of Kangaroo Ink switches. Thanks, @leemu!

10 Likes

With GitHub the data is stored somewhere in the (Microsoft :cry:) cloud, but with git on its own, one can also store the data in a local server of ones choosing.

2 Likes

“…normally…”

Ooo, makes me jealous. :sweat_smile:

I finally got this the other day.

Lost Nines :partying_face:

7 Likes

Received some MMD princess linears today. PC top, Nylon bottom and POM-PTFE blend stem, supposedly. Not 100% sure about that yet, but kind of sure that they are made by BSUN. 3.2mm travel, so they have some pretty long poles. They feel very smooth but they are also filled with lube. There is some stem wobble but it’s not that bad, maybe average gateron kind of wobble. Very nice sound, though.

7 Likes

GMK stealth.

Instagram post:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CqbFCFUP0K1/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

13 Likes

Got a new project in the mail… :flushed::scream:

9 Likes

Nice, the board itself is pretty dirty but the switches look good. At least nothing a ultrasonic bath can’t take care of! Hope the vints are some smooth ones, the last Wyse board I harvested had some really nice uber broke in ones!

2 Likes