What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Sorry, if this a dumb question, but what are the mistakes?

2 Likes

I just took it to mean she spent too much money at one time. The keycaps alone are at least $700 worth, right?

I figured the switches are just meant as samples, but that’s a decent chunk of money as well.

5 Likes

Beware of traffic. A large number of photos

Summary

Resonance Artisan A

TECSEE ECLAIR SWITCH

HAIMU JOKER SWITCHES

CIDOO Matte Switch

5 Likes

Is this wave pattern on Tecsee Eclair result of light reflection or a sign of covert alien invasion?

3 Likes

Summary

3 Likes

Oh wow. :exploding_head: How did I missed this nutty switch?

2 Likes
2 Likes

Interesting. Good way to reduce drag. Also a good design to remove excess lube

2 Likes

I want Gigachad. Le sigh.

yep i bought way too many things at once >.> and yea the switches i snagged to make it seem worth it to order the keykobo child kits from geon

2 Likes

Also seems useful to store lube; if it’s the type to slowly run-off the stem, it would theoretically stay “lubed” longer as the stuff in the valleys makes its way out to the crests.

2 Likes

there is a downside.
Wobble stem.
he is strong. almost like an xbox joystick.

5 Likes

dissapointment

2 Likes

not everything is so bad

1 Like

GMK red alert from the surprise keycap pack from mykeyboard.eu. Can’t express how hyped i am to have gotten the set that i was looking for the most. I’m not sure what to do with it now. Too scared to use it because i don’t want to make it shine or yellow. But it’s also too good to just let it collect dust.

8 Likes

Durock Blue & White Lotus switches from AliExpress (if you’re in the US, Dangkeebs has them now)

Seems like they have potential, but they aren’t giving me quite as refined a first impression as the Black Lotuses did. Both have metallic noise, I think the leaf - more noticeable on the White because the Blue has a louder clack to compete with.

The Blue is more index-y / snappy than a T1, but not totally alien to it.

In a tester, the White feels like an average light tactile with all the expected caveats.

I’m not sure if I’ll feel the need to tune the Blues; I’ll have to try them in a board. They do more or less seem like a premium-ish, clacky T1. It’s mostly about that blue for me. :man_shrugging:

I’ll definitely be tuning the Whites. They do seem to have nice travel stability and a crisp little bump, but it’s all a little noisy. Not bad - but average for the type.

7 Likes

CIY Asura and Naraka switches. Also some Wuque stems

5 Likes

I like it. I didn’t hear the call. The one that the linear one has. There is just noise.

Beware of traffic. Lots of photos.

Summary

Durock Blue Lotus

Durock White Lotus

Pink Pig V3

Comparison of normal and long stem.

2 Likes

Coveted golden springs. Very likely from CannonKeys.

Perfect weight for my light tactiles I think.

5 Likes

Hibi June arrived. Oh man this looks and feels like nothing else. The whole board is rubber and can bend and twist. Can’t wait to build it and hear the sound profile.

11 Likes