What did you order or think about ordering?

It’s actually Amazon’s fault. The reason the tax code changed was because 10 years ago, only people in California were charged sales tax on Amazon orders. In theory you’re supposed to report your untaxed online purchases when you file your taxes, but most people just put 0 there. Billions of dollars in spending were essentially going untaxed, so they updated the rules to force retailers to charge sales tax even for places where they don’t operate.

6 Likes

Keykobo Miami Dawn because no set better describes my aesthetic than beige + these colors.

5 Likes

I love nostyle’s work, these caps are so cool. If I had any MX boards I’d be all in.

Was on the fence with these, but they are just too cool, perhaps underhyped. Found them in stock here.

And this (Odin 75)

7 Likes

100 Zorro black with full black housings and 10 Zorro red with full black housing. Well, if the store is legit, that is. Hoping for them to be newer molds or something as they seem to be new stock.
Also ordered that “random switch pack” from Mykeyboard.eu, hoping to get 8008 inks or some TTC NCR out of them.
I’m still looking for some vintage boards and/or parts of vintage boards but there doesn’t seem to be much there recently. I still want to find (some board with) orange SMK 2nd gen, yellow dai-ichi or aristotles, some taiwan jet axis, katano type c, and stuff long those lines but it appears like most of it is either overpriced and out of my price range or not available.

4 Likes

Update 1 : Random switch pack had KTT haluhalo. Not too bad but i was hoping for something else.
Update 2 : The “Zorro red with full black housing” turned out to be regular full Nylon Outemus. the black Zorros were legit Zorros, though. At least as far as i can tell from the photos.

Also ordered a lot of other packs of Switches from taobao… it’s kind of a problem. xD Still looking for these vintage switches there.

3 Likes

I just renamed this thread’s title to cover thoughts about ordering because sometimes I’d think for days before deciding and often decide not order. Why I chose not to buy something could be of use to others.

6 Likes

Good idea. But shouldn’t it be “What did you order or think about ordering?”

And in that vein, I’ll post

I thought about ordering this, because I love my piggy60 but I really don’t use 40s much. Lovely board, but the layout just isn’t for me.

4 Likes

I got one. Too good to skip and not expensive.

1 Like

Excellent suggestion. Grammar is not among my best cards. :slight_smile:

Done!

BTW, I think Jacky Lab may have pulled the page. Got 404.

UPDATE: Nope. Looks they changed the page URL. Found the page at:

1 Like

See I also love my Piggy and don’t use 40s much, but this chonker looks so nice that I’ll adjust :smile: (I ordered the minty e-green)

Welp, since I am working on designing a keyboard I ordered more stuff to test in it:
Gateron Ink V2 Black x 90
TX AP rev4 stabs x 1
TX stab tester x 1
KBDFans space bar foam x 3
GMK Yuri R2 base set x 1
Hiney H87C north PCB x 1
ZealPC stabs x 1

This venture and hobby get pricey real quick :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Thought about buying:

• Frog Mini - On dropsale. Punted bc didn’t see Frog Mini PCBs in stock.
  • Front TKL - On dropsale as well. Punted bc the combo I wanted (Dark Green WK) was not in stock.
3 Likes

Ordered this Apple M110 replica from Keebox at Aliexpress.

I enjoy cases with a lot of room and M110 certainly qualifies. Can Black Lotus sound even poppier in M110? Sure hope so bc I’m starting to get addicted to that poppy sound.

3 Likes

Ordered some supplies I’m low on from Mekibo in anticipation for the M110 build.

• TX stabs (rev3 1.2mm PCB bc M110 hotswap PCB is 1.2mm)
  • 4 packs of TX films (0.15mm)
  • GEON Plate Fork (latest fashion item apparently)
2 Likes

Dust cover for «exploded» 68-key

1 Like

1 Like

Bent steel. Very old school. Love it.

1 Like

I think about getting a Trio 60 HHKB from percent studio and need to settle down and talk myself out of it.

I can’t find what is the total weight of the board and a review if it’s worth it…

One of those stab tuning stations from Australia.

Turns out that ordering solid chunks of metal from another country = big oof shipping

:upside_down_face: g’day m8

6 Likes