What did you order or think about ordering?

If you’re in Europe and willing to wait I can bring it with me to Germany/UK and ship from there in June…(will happily swap for one of your switch theme “testers” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: that I have yet to read up on properly - life’s been in the way the last few weeks!)

1 Like

Cost of lubes, switches, and films add up over time and cuts into budge for bigger more prominent purchases but they’re essential to modding.

Ordered some more RO-59 from RingerKeys. Wasted most of my first bottle trying different things and now I’m down to 1/3 of my second bottle. Got some VPF Oil for springs while at it.

I tried a mix of PTFE powder and mineral oil and, while the resulting smoothness seem similar, I found myself preferring RO-59 despite the hassle. Likely just psychological difference but that gleaming sheen on stems signaling it’s ready for another coat is so satisfying to see.

1 Like

I’m in the South-Eastern US, I appreciate the thought. I do keep international stamps around, though, if you’re interested in a sampler. I’d be happy to customize one for you from my available extras.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have found myself really only using it occasionally as well. I did use quite a bit on my break-in machine though. Came in handy for spots that I couldn’t get the PTFE tape onto.

Also looking at trying something like this:
CRC Dry PTFE Lube, 10 Wt Oz, NSF H2 Registered Lubricant with Advanced Dry Film Technology, Plastic-Safe, Aerosol Spray

1 Like

Because I am a glutton for punishment, I ordered more switches… which meant I needed more containers. :person_facepalming:

Switches:
Clackbait Linears
Tofutypes Linears
Haimu x Geon Clear Linears

2 Likes

Sometimes I think about ordering GMK Muted r2, which is still available at DH:

But it hasn’t gone on sale much, unlike other GMK and JTK keysets. I might pick it up at a hefty discount, but I don’t really need it.

It would go so well with Mr. Sleeves, though.

Also, I sometimes think about buying a Matias tactile pro full-size board, but something that loud and outrageous isn’t really necessary.

2 Likes

The noise is incredible. I pull mine out occasionally, but never manage an entire typing session.

It’s not so much the improbably loud clacking and alps crunch, but the ping which builds up and resonates until it’s a deafening ringing which is all I can concentrate on.

2 Likes

Yes, it seems as if there is a reason why classic-styled mechanical keyboards are not used in offices so much, anymore…

70x Alpaca V2
GMK Norse base kit from Omnitype
GMK Muted r2

I have an Arc60 in navy on the way, and plan to use the Alpacas and Norse kit.

Muted will probably go on my silver Kei, which currently has Modern Japanese Desko.

2 Likes

Since they came back in stock.

I have plans.

4 Likes

Opening a “switch doctor” medical cabinet? :smile:

Big plans?

2 Likes

One might say that…

I suspect @beanns2 is creating the world’s largest number pad:

6 Likes

How did you know? This will be a long term fun project. I will do a build log on it for sure.

3 Likes

Bought some Jwick POK stem switches:

4 Likes

Hah! I definitely didn’t know, just picked something that seemed to usually have about 17 switches. Alternative jokes included:

• World’s most challenging game of wack-a-mole
  • World’s biggest chording keyboard
  • That’s going to be one hell of a macropad

Looking forward to the build!

3 Likes

Nice pick. Looks like a wave of POK switches is coming our way. KPRepublic alone has 4 new switches with POK stems.

4 Likes

Pardon my ignorance, but what does POK stand for?

1 Like

It’s a type of plastic that’s kind of new-ish for switches. Polyketone - Wikipedia

6 Likes