What did you order or think about ordering?

Really? I thought it was alias for Pokemon. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Yesterday I was contemplating buying an Envoy again after seeing the production model…today I’m swayed by the Think6.5 V3…I think im gonna need to take a deep breath and build my Class80 first (or finish the blighted switch shelf!:woozy_face:)

Edit:
It’s the coffee colour that’s got me…

4 Likes

I was starting to get tempted by the TGR 910 raffle happening tomorrow. I already have a 65% keyboard, though I’m not in love with it. Instead, to save some money I decided to get a “budget 910” by purchasing a b-stock TGR Tomo. I don’t own a 75%, and the two boards seem to feel and sound similar in everything I have watched.

Excited to get a TGR board, and my first top mount, and my first 75%.

6 Likes

Most likely the Tomo will feel and sound better. I’ve found that with top, sandwich, and gasket mounts; the bigger the board, the better the sound (and feel, usually).

What color did you get?

Suave blue. I had wanted suave blue when I bought my Hidari, but ended up with Titan grey. So excited to get the Tomo in blue.

1 Like

Thinking about ordering new SA Spectra kits from Kono. I have three Spectra kits I bought through MKUltra that they never shipped, and they’ve since sold out of their stock, and stopped responding to my inquiries. Since it’s been over a year since I placed the orders, I have no recourse through my credit card company.

I’d hoped I wouldn’t need to replace sets they never shipped, or at least get a refund for them. I’ve pretty much given up hope now, though, and if Kono sells out while I’m still waiting for a reply, I won’t have a way to cover my board.

1 Like

That stinks. I didn’t realize it had gotten to that over at MKUltra. I remember this happened back when they just sold foam and got way behind (allegedly the machine broke) but looking over at Reddit it appears they’re having a closing sale as well.

Yeah, last time it happened (which I wasn’t aware of, prior to a few days ago), Shopify forced them to get their act together. But they don’t use Shopify as their platform anymore, so there’s no accountability. As far as I can tell, they held a closing fire sale and sold out of the kits I ordered, can’t fulfill the order, and have just up and ghosted me now. Not sure how many other customers are in the same boat.

Thanks to a stack of discounts, rewards, and whatnot I got DCX Solarized & MT3 Dusk for ~$26 each.

Colors

Dusk (not the accents tho)

Solarized

7 Likes

I may have gone on a shopping spree in the last few days…ahem…

I am so excited for this - I ordered the Graystudio Think6.5 V3! :star_struck: in coffee colour, which looks great - and I think I may have to bite the bullet and buy GMK Thai Tea after seeing some pics of it on the Think…

(From the Graystudio Instagram)

I also ordered my first GMK set - Yuri was on flash sale and thanks to @beanns2 for the tip off, I got them! They are just about waiting for me at home I believe…Novelkeys ships super fast!

and I ordered PBTfans Purpurite from Geonworks for the Orion87…I believe I might have a keycap problem… :wink:

And since I was on a roll, I ordered WS stabs, Morandi switches, and their 3U keycap puller - please let this work like advertised, I find the wire keycap pullers so awkward to use.

and that’s it folks!

6 Likes

I went ahead and ordered a mic, audio interface, xlr cable, and mic boom. So, when I finally have a completed prototype I can get some proper recordings.

4 Likes

thinking about coping hard on the last day of deskeys’ may day sale:

MAY event from 30th to 3rd. Shipping resume around 4th May. Automatically 20%off and get free shipping for over 120USD orders, code: FREESHIPPING

we’ll see

edit 6:20 pm totes copped

3 Likes

Ordered a set of Cherry MX Browns bc:

• I’m almost done making a set of RO-59 coated Cherry MX Red switches. It’s niiiice.
  • RO-59 is best with unlubed switches and I don’t have any unlubed Cherry Browns.

Yup. I’m on the retro classic trail and think Cherry Browns can be real nice. I’m not expecting much from feel perspective but acoustics is I think where this switch can really shine.

I ordered from MechanicalKeyboards bc they had the Hyperglide version in-stock at reasonable price ($3.91) and free-shipping. Other small retailers were out of stock and Amazon only has scam retailers preying on noobs with ridiculous $1 a switch pricing. Reminds of people gaming Auction House when I used to play WoW.

4 Likes

Goodness. Are you doing this yourself, or do you know a shop? I hadn’t heard of this.

I just caved for a truly glamorous haul of:

• 1x 7u set TX Rev3 1.2mm stabs in only-available white (eventually needed for 1.2mm CEM Hiney Purple Nurple PCB)
  • 1x 6.25u set TX Rev4 1.6mm stabs in only-available white (1.2mm Rev4 is sold out)
  • 2x extra Durock 7u wires in only-available black
  • 2x extra Durock 6.25u wires in only-available gold
  • Geon Stabilizer Twister

I have a bunch of Cherry stabs but realized I’ve still had the best results with TX. I also realized I should be examining my wires more carefully and that I will screw up bending them at some point.

Lastly, I posited that I may have enough spare 2u TX Rev3 stabs to make another 6.25u or 7u set with a spare wire.

…and all this from only two vendors. SMH, likely I could have shopped around to consolidate these, but stab stocks aside from Cherry are so patchy.

3 Likes

RO-59? Myself of course. RO-59 needs about 3 coats of the stuff and it takes about 24hrs to dry so its at least 3x the effort it takes to lube switches. Hard to squeeze a business out of that much sweat and time.

Re TX stabs, I’m not sure which revision I got but found the tips of their wire scrapes against the inner stab housing wall. Never experienced that with other stabs. Had to stuff some extra XHT-BDZ to address the issue.

3 Likes

This sounds like some version of purgatory to me and I salute your dedication!

4 Likes

Order a set of CK x Haimu Pastel Peach Linear switches. Their product page was lacking key travel info so I asked CannonKeys over Twitter. Answer arrived today and it’s 4mm! Price is very reasonable ($0.35 per switch). They also have a tactile version named Pastel Mint.

Thx to @pixelpusher for bringing it to our attention.

3 Likes

mt3 godspeed while they were on sale; no idea when they’re going to arrive, but they’re going to look great on my keychron v10

3 Likes

I love this description.

After waiting for KFA to restock them, I realized Mechanicalkeyboards.com stocks TTC Aces and picked up another 110 out of FOMO on being able to find these again by the time I actually have them in the budget. :crystal_ball:

2 Likes

I have found CK product pages for switches to be really lacking lately. It is really strange considering they have been around so long and a main vendor pillar for the community. Some times the information will be in an email newsletter but not on the product page.

I ran into the same think a while back with Blush light tactiles. I was interested, but couldn’t find any information. Ultimately I didn’t make a purchase because it seemed like the info didn’t exist or I had to jump through to many hoops (aka joining a discord and doing a search) to find it.

3 Likes